Amy Schumer gave a hilarious speech to open the Women's Media Awards on Thursday night in NYC. It really seems like no topic was off limits for the comedian, who addressed that Kardashian insult in her SNL monologue, and the state of feminism in the entertainment industry. Between Trainwreck, her epic Emmy win, and everything else in between, it really seems like Amy's having her best year ever. And the most exciting part is, she doesn't seem to be slowing down. Read on for the most hilarious tidbits from her speech, then look at even more of Amy's funniest quotes.
- On her newfound fame: "I just started getting famous. Do you know me? I'm super famous. So I've been getting photographed. The first picture they took of me, I think they thought I looked like the devil."
- On the woman-against-woman culture: "And then I started reading these magazines, and they're like, 'Who wore it better?' In one of them, I was next to Caitlyn Jenner and Kris Jenner. And then me and Fergie. And I wish, God, I wish this wasn't so negative. I wish these magazines weren't pitting women against each other."
- On the Kardashian comments in her SNL monologue: "I said it's not that positive for girls to see an entire family of women take their faces they were born with and say: 'Suggestion.' And I stand by that. People we see the most, that gets in our mind."
- On Khloé Kardashian, specifically: "We see Khloé, she just lost all of that weight, and then I felt she kind of sold out. Her Instagram used to be her always having fun, and now it's her pulling a Mac truck, pulling a house. I'm having fun! I'm just like, everybody's looking at these women; slow down and eat a bagel with your friend."
- On women's magazines: "A magazine, I won't say the name of it — Women's Health — they have articles like 'How to Trick Your Stomach Into Thinking You Like That Weight' or 'Why Does My Vagina Smell Like a Christmas Ornament?' Huh? Sally Field is here, so f*ck you guys. Diane Lane, Gloooooooria Steinem."
- On getting more women into the entertainment industry: "We got that in us. I'm a big believer. If you're thinking, 'Maybe I shouldn't direct this, men don't like to hear a woman's voice,' just say f*ck it, try it, do it. Nobody told me I couldn't do something, I just did it. I really do think it's good to lead by example. My show is the only show in the last decade that has more female writers than male writers."
- On Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign: "Another thing: Hillary Clinton, when I told her that I wanted to help her with her campaign, she was like, 'Uh . . . we're good.' Ha. Well, anyway. I love you, ladies. I'm psyched that I got to do this tonight. I know I might not be your cup of tea. Gloria! Thank you so much, keep fighting the fight."