Sisters Chloe and Halle Bailey, better known as Chloe x Halle are just 20 and 18 years old respectively but have already taken the music world by storm. The native Atlantans got their start on YouTube nearly a decade ago before hitting it big and landing their own record deal. They even scored two Grammy nominations at the 2019 ceremony after dropping their debut album in 2018. We highly recommend you get to know these talented ladies, because their star is only going to continue to rise.
- They have Beyoncé to thank for a lot. The sisters were discovered back in 2013 by Beyoncé herself after they posted a cover of her "Pretty Hurts" to YouTube. She signed them to her label, Parkwood Entertainment and invited them to open up for the European leg of her Formation tour in 2016 and the On the Run II tour in 2018.
- Their debut album was a long time coming. Chloe and Halle didn't release their first album, The Kids Are Alright until March 2018, three years after they started working on it. They also told Essence that most of the music was recorded in their living room.
- They star in Grown-ish. Though the sisters aren't really twins, they play twins in the Freeform show. They play Skylar and Jazlyn Forster and count star Yara Shahidi as a close friend, if her comments of praise on their Instagram is anything to go by.
- They're self-taught musicians. Chloe and Halle didn't have formal training when it comes to music. They told TIME that their dad encouraged them to teach themselves to write music and play it, so that's exactly what they did. Chloe said she used YouTube and Google to learn to play the keys and produce music.
- They've been growing their hair since they were children. The gorgeous, waist-length locks Chloe and Halle both have have taken them years to grow, according to Essence.
- They work hard to stay healthy. Both Chloe and Halle stick to a vegan diet and enjoy hot yoga to keep their bodies healthy and in tip-top shape for performing.