Remember Rita Skeeter, the roving reporter traumatising the students of Hogwarts with her gossipy words? She's back, courtesy of J.K. Rowling, who just published an epilogue to the Harry Potter series on her website, Pottermore. It's a 1,500-word short story about the reunion of 33-year-old Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley at the Quidditch World Cup Final, as told from Rita's viewpoint. Not only does the story update us on our three favourite heroes, but it also tells us what Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood are up to. The whole crew has been affectionately dubbed "Dumbledore's Army." Here's a quick update on the gang!
- Harry Potter: He's an Auror now, starting to go grey, and still wearing those signature round glasses. There's a new cut on his cheekbone, and he's on good terms with his ex-opponent Viktor Krum.
- Hermione Granger: She had a "meteoric rise" to deputy head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. She and Ron have two kids, Hugo and Rose.
- Ron Weasley: After a couple years working with Harry at the Ministry of Magic, Ron left to open a joke shop, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Also, his ginger hair is thinning.
- Ginny Weasley: She's now a reporter, covering the Quidditch Tournament.
- Neville Longbottom: He's an herbology teacher at Hogwarts, still married to Hannah, who is applying to be matron of Hogwarts.
- Luna Lovegood: She is married to Rolf Scamander, and they have twin sons together.
- George Weasley: He is the wealthy comanager of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
- Charlie Weasley: He is an unmarried dragon wrangler.
- Bill Weasley: He is still married to Fleur Delacour and they're taking care of their lovely daughter, Victoire.
- Percy Weasley: He's head of the Department of Magical Transportation.
What do you think? Does this all sound right to you? Read the whole story at Today.com.