Jimmy Fallon showed off his hosting chops once again during Sunday's Golden Globe Awards. His opening number was stupendous, and despite a teleprompter malfunction at the top of the show, Fallon swiftly regained his composure. He delivered a monologue that hit on politics, the many stars in the room, and, unfortunately for Ben Affleck, Batman v Superman. Once the show got on the road, he popped out for a few one-liners. Though we could have used more of him altogether, we did enjoy what little of him we got. Here are his best jokes throughout the show!
- "This is the Golden Globes, one of the only places left where America honours the popular vote." — Addressing the election right off the bat.
- "Don't google 'Ryan Gosling Pianist' — trust me, it's an HR nightmare." — Admitting that he probably deletes his internet history daily.
- "The show has so many plot twists, a lot of people are wondering what would have happened if King Joffrey lived. We'll find out in 12 days." — Comparing Game of Thrones to the election.
- "We all know Matt Damon from his greatest acting role: telling Ben Affleck that he liked Batman v Superman." — Making sure he got a Batman v Superman jab in.
- "I just got off the phone with Mariah Carey and she thinks Dick Clark Productions sabotaged my monologue." — Poking fun at Mariah Carey's New Year's Eve flub.
- "If you put together the titles of the next two presenters' shows, you get Laugh In-Side Amy Schumer." — Introducing Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer.
- "I'm sorry, I was just watching the blooper reel for Manchester by the Sea." — Joking about how depressing Manchester by the Sea is.