Skip Nav
Red Carpet
This Might Be the 1 Person Who Isn't on Arya Stark — Er, Maisie Williams's — Kill List
The Royals
Princess Charlotte, Total Trooper, Still Manages to Shake Hands With People While Crying
The Royals
Nothing Is Sweeter Than Princess Charlotte Stopping to Smell Her Flowers in Germany
Kylie Jenner
You'll Just Barely Be Able to Tell the Difference Between Kylie Jenner and Her Wax Figure

Luke Jacobz Returning as The X Factor Australia Host, Plus More Judge Rumours Including Mel B and Natalie Bassingthwaighte

Luke Jacobz Will Be Back as Host of The X Factor Australia

While the situation with the judging panel on the Australian version of The X Factor still looks uncertain after Kyle Sandilands announced he wouldn’t be returning last week, Luke Jacobz has confirmed that he’ll be hosting round two of the competition series. Luke scored the gig last year after Matthew Newton’s personal drama ended his involvement with the show. As for who he thinks could take Kyle’s place, Luke has a former Spice Girl in mind: “Last year we had Mel B come on. I think she’d be a great laugh,” he says. Delta Goodrem’s name was in the mix as a possible Kyle replacement, but she tweeted last week: “Heard the reports: I was asked to be on x factor before it ever started in Australia, But declined as my focus and love is to make music. xx,” putting an end to those rumours.


Now there’s word that former So You Think You Can Dance Australia host Natalie Bassingthwaighte could be joining the judges, with the Sunday Telegraph reporting that she’s “close” to signing. As for the other original judges — Guy Sebastian, Ronan Keating and Natalie Imbruglia — it seems only Ronan (who mentored last year’s winner Altiyan Childs) has signed on, even though Guy had expressed his commitment to the second series.

Around The Web
More From POPSUGAR
Join The Conversation
Nattie24 Nattie24 6 years
Why do you say "even though Guy had expressed his commitment to the second series." Makes it sound as if he is breaking a promise. I believe the newspapers expressed Guy's commitment to the second series, not Guy himself. The story yesterday which said "Sebastian is "weighing up options" in regards to filming the series or furthering his blossoming career in the US" seems more like that journalist actually decided to ask him or his management their thoughts on the matter instead of the writer making Guy's mind up for him. Guy took a fair bit of persuading by his record company to be a judge on last year's series, and it caused a a lot of interruption to his US promotion, and I would not be at all surprised if he knocked it back this year. And I don't believe if he did knock it back it would mean he was breaking a committment. He has never given one. You should see the difference between gossip and genuine reporting.
Karlie Verkerk MasterChef 2017 Elimination Interview
MasterChef 2017 Grand Final: Winner and Live Results
Who Are the New Characters in Stranger Things Season 2?
MasterChef 2017 Winner Poll
From Our Partners
Latest Celebrity
All the Latest From Ryan Reynolds