While last week's episode of House was an awesome look at the inner workings of House the man, it was nice to get back to the medical drama that we know and love—even if it wasn't quite business as usual. It's interesting to see what happened while House was away and it was also fun to see how House was coping with being away.
Did you watch? What did you think? Let's discuss some of the key moments (spoilers ahead!).
- Was anyone else thrown off by the video game starting? For a few seconds I thought my TiVo had recorded the wrong show. I must admit though, I loved the ridiculous gaming scenes, especially when they come back later with our fave doctors as characters.
- What did you think of Foreman as boss? Do you think he has the chops to run the department? It didn't surprise me that he jumped at the chance, although I hated how he suddenly didn't want to listen to Thirteen.
- While we're on the subject of Foreman and Thirteen, can I just say that I find their pairing totally forced? Were you surprised when he fired her at the end? I literally yelled at my TV when he did. Wouldn't you break up with him if you were in Thirteen's place?
- Speaking of Thirteen, did you catch her Jeremy Piven mercury poisoning joke? If not, then as she said, go Google it.
- What did you think of Wilson and House's cooking class brodate? It was hands-down my favourite moment of the evening. I just love their old married couple dynamic.
- I know I just said that the brodate was my favourite moment, but how can I not mention the scene with Cuddy in the kitchen? I loved it when the random Chinese lady told Cuddy to kiss House or get out.
- I was glad to see that Dr. Nolan is still on the show. I find him to be such a calming presence in the rest of the chaos and hope we get to see these therapy sessions for a little while longer.
- Did you love the twist at the end? I knew that there was no way they could run the department without House. Although when Foreman had the breakthrough over pruned fingers, I wondered if it was possible to solve a medical mystery without an epiphany.
Well folks, what did you think? I thought it was a strong return for the show and I can't wait for next week's episode. How long will House stay clean? How long will the old gang (Cameron, Chase, and Foreman) be around? Especially since we know that Jennifer Morrison is leaving the show. Will Thirteen and Taub show up again? Something tells me they will, but then again, the writers have proven to be great at throwing us off, so we'll all just have to tune in and find out.