UPDATE: Charlie Sheen has tweeted his first tweet. And shared a Twitpic. His message? “Winning..! Choose your Vice... #winning #chooseyourvice”. (Is that one of his goddesses?)
This just in: the latest in the Charlie Sheen saga is that the troubled actor has joined Twitter. And after only being online for a couple of hours, and without any tweets, the Two and a Half Men actor already has more than 95,000 followers at the time of posting (and counting). His already-verified account is just his latest move in a mad media blitz that has seen him appearing on numerous interviews that he organised himself, following the firing of his publicist (or did he quit?).
But we probably need to backtrack just a little. The past few days we were swept up in Oscars fever but a few days is all Charlie needed to make sure he stayed in the headlines. Last time we checked in, CBS had halted production of his hit show for the remainder of the eighth season. Here’s a recap of what else has gone down:
- He got rid of his publicist and took on his own public relations responsibilities.
- When it was reported that CBS was looking at John Stamos as a possible replacement for Charlie’s character on Two and a Half Men, Charlie called it a “tragic joke.”
- Charlie says he’s going to sue CBS.
- He reveals he has live-in girlfriends (or “goddesses” as he likes to refer to them) and says, “These women don’t judge me.”
- He makes a surprise appearance on Piers Morgan’s show and says, “I’m super bitchin’ [and] I don’t believe myself to be an addict.”