Another one bites the dust. This week Grey's Anatomy took a break from the typical episode fodder and instead we are treated to a whodunnit-style murder mystery when one of the doctors loses a patient in the midst of a crisis situation. We hear each doctor's story one by one, and when the cause of death is finally discovered someone is sent home. (House meets Survivor, don't you think?). So, ready for my rundown?
- The war between Mercy and Seattle Grace continues, as the doctors have trouble working together when a slew of injured patients come in fresh off a hotel fire. Amidst the chaos, a patient who appears to be ready to be discharged ends up dead—and the chief starts a witch hunt to find out who's to blame.
- Both Lexie and newbie Charlie lose their cool this week. Charlie forgets to eat a cookie after giving blood and passes out in the ER, while Lexie can't keep her emotions in check. She gets all choked up when trying to treat a 16-year-old with severe burns all over his body—I don't blame her, but it did seem a bit random to me. Luckily she gets herself back together after a stern pep talk from Arizona.
- Cristina manages to stay out of trouble for the most part, though she does make yet another kid cry—when she's not sneaking off to Meredith's room to complain about the newbies, that is.
- Alex is in his own world, thanks in part to Izzie's departure. When he finally gets her on the phone, he takes the phone call instead of focusing on his patient, setting off a panic among the other doctors, particularly Reid.
- Though it seems like Reid is totally going to throw Alex under the bus, in the end she's the one who realises where the doctors went wrong—and turns in her own friend and Mercy colleague.
- In the end, it's April who takes the fall—but does she really deserve to get fired? All the doctors played a small role in the chaos in one way or another, so I think it's a bit unfair that she's fired. Derek even tells the Chief that it's his own fault and that the accidental death is a product of the merger.
So do you think April deserved to get fired? Will the doctors finally start getting along now? Are you missing all the McDreamy and McSteamy screen time? Let us know in the comments below! Photo copyright 2009, ABC, Inc.