Last night the sixth season of Project Runway premiered on Arena and now we have a new batch of designers to follow. I was pretty happy with the overall result. The look and feel were the same and even in LA, the show stayed true to the first five seasons. Here are my other thoughts on the big night:
- The cast feels pretty eclectic this year, but is it just me or are there more PYTs and fewer hipsters than usual?
- Oh man—the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards were ages ago. I wonder if they thought they were fooling people.
- Ari annoyed me right from the start, so I was happy to see her go. On the other hand, I felt like Mitchell scored himself a free pass since that Victorian ombre thing was so not working and he didn't really even make a dress.
- It's always so hard to pick favourites at the beginning when there are so many contestants, but I liked Christopher (though, crying already?), Louise and Ra'mon.
- I was proud of Lindsay Lohan for holding her own as a judge, but I kinda could envision in her Ari's futuristic getup. Also, the look on her face when Qristyl mentioned LL wearing her flashy dress down the red carpet was priceless.
So what did you think? Was it better than you expected? Worse? Who are you early favourites?
Keep reading . . .