The 2018 Logies are right around the corner, and aside from seeing the biggest names in Australian television be honoured for their talents, the annual event also brings in some of the biggest names in music for some very special performances. The likes of Ricky Martin, One Direction, Bruno Mars and more have graced the stage in the past, and this year's performance line-up includes Jess Glynne and our very own Conrad Sewell.
The Aussie singer burst onto the scene in 2014, and has since brought his talent around the globe. As we look ahead to his Logies performance, get to know the Aussie singer a little better below.
- He's a Queensland boy. Conrad, now 30 years old, was born and grew up in Brisbane.
- Music runs in his family. He knew he wanted to be in music from a young age, and spent his early days cold-calling producers and sending around demos. His younger sister, Grace, is also an artist, and his grandparents used to work as entertainers who opened for the Bee Gees. "My grandfather was like Australia's Tom Jones," he told Rolling Stone.
- He used to be in a band. Conrad and a group of high school friends formed the pop/rock group Sons of Midnight and performed for the Princess of Monaco in Paris.
- He shot to fame in 2014. Conrad featured on and co-wrote Kygo's 2014 hit, "Firestone", and since then, has produced chart-topping hits like "Start Again" and "Hold Me Up". "Start Again" took home Song of the Year at the 2015 ARIA Awards. In March of the same year, he was also named Elvis Duran's Artist of the Month in the US.
- He's dating Alli Simpson. The pair have reportedly been dating for just over a year and regularly share their love on Instagram.
- He's toured with some of the industry's best. Conrad toured with Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5 in 2015, and has also supported Brit act Jess Glynne.
- This isn't his first Logies rodeo. The artist first performed at the event in 2016 and you can relive it here.