Network Ten recently announced that Nick Cummins, aka the Honey Badger, is the new Bachelor. Off the back of Sophie Monk's hit as The Bachelorette, it's not surprising the network has decided to hand the reins over to yet another lovable Australian personality.
Whether you know him from the rugby field or not, everyone's about to see a whole other side to the Honey Badger. Before that though, you can get to know him (or brush up on some knowledge), below, and be sure to share all your Bachelor feels with us in our private Facebook group!
- He was born on October 5, 1987, making him 31 years old this year.
- He was born in Port Macquarie, NSW, but grew up in Logan, Queensland.
- He stands at 189 cm tall, or 6 foot 2.
- He gave himself the nickname "Honey Badger" after watching a documentary where a honey badger successfully fended off and killed a lion. It's this same fighting attitude that has inspired him on the rugby field.
- He's played professional rugby union for almost ten years, from 2007-2016. He's made 15-caps with the Wallabies.
- Nick was raised by a single dad and is one of eight children.
- Family comes first. Nick's dad is a cancer-sufferer and two of his siblings have cystic fibrosis, and in 2014, he gave up the opportunity to play for the Wallabies to play for a Japanese team instead, which offered better compensation, in order to better support his family.
- He's written two books, Tales of the Honey Badger and Adventures of the Honey Badger — collections of short stories told with his signature humour and one-liners.
- Nick's been tapped as the face of a number of campaigns, Tradie Underwear, Head and Shoulders, and Tourism Australia.
- He loves to travel and has a keen sense of adventure. Just take a look at his Instagram account!