Apparently, being adorable and swoon-worthy runs in the Pearson family. While we've all grown to love Jack Pearson (Milo Ventimiglia) on This Is Us, we're getting ready to see a whole different side of him when his brother joins the show this season. Michael Angarano is set to play Jack's younger brother Nicky during season three, and he's perfect for the part.
On casting the role of Nicky, Dan Fogelman told Entertainment Weekly that he thought Michael "had a quality that is very much both physically and something kind of in his eyes that feels very much like Milo, but at the same point feels very different, which often happens with brothers." As we get ready to learn more about Nicky Pearson onscreen, learn more about the actor playing him ahead.
- He's 30 years old. Michael was born on Dec. 3, 1987, in Brooklyn, NY.
- He's been acting since he was a kid. Michael first got into acting when he was only 5 years old. In 2000, he had a small role in Almost Famous, but his first major film role was in 2001's Little Secrets with Evan Rachel Wood and David Gallagher. He has since starred in a variety of shows and movies including Sky High, The Art of Getting By, I'm Dying Up Here, Will & Grace, and Mom.
- He almost played a young Anakin Skywalker. Michael was one of the final three young actors picked to play young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, but eventually lost out to Jake Lloyd.
- He's dated a few of his costars. After meeting on the set of the film Speak, Michael began dating Kristen Stewart in 2005. They eventually split in 2009, when Kristen began dating her Twilight costar Robert Pattinson. In 2013, Michael found love on set again when he started dating his The Brass Teapot costar, Juno Temple. The pair eventually split in 2016.
- He plays the violin. For the 1999 film, Music of the Heart, Michael learned to play the violin.