Lea Michele surprised us all on April 28 when she announced her engagement to her boyfriend, Zandy Reich. The Glee star's ring can basically be seen from outer space, but what do we know about the man who gave it to her? Here are five fast facts you should know about Lea's hubby-to-be before they officially tie the knot.
- Zandy and Lea are old friends. E! News reports that Zandy and Lea had been friends for "a while" before they started dating publicly in July 2017.
- He's the president of AYR, or All Year Round Clothing. Before starting with AYR (pronounced "air"), he worked for Goldman-Sachs and then as the head of business strategy and development at Theory, another clothing brand.
- He attended the University of Pennsylvania. In school, he obtained a finance degree from the Wharton School of Business and was captain of the men's varsity lacrosse team.
- He keeps things pretty private. While Lea has shared a few photos of the couple throughout the course of their relationship, Zandy doesn't seem to have any public social media. He maintains a relatively low profile, and the pair has not made many public appearances together.
- He has Ryan Murphy's approval. Lea has said that she considers Glee creator Ryan Murphy to be like family and that his opinion matters above all else. "When my boyfriend got the seal of approval from Ryan Murphy, that's it," Lea said at the 2017 Emmys. "Yeah, my parents, friends, whatever, but Ryan Murphy, done deal seals the deal." Looks like Zandy's in!