Big Brother’s Jules Rangiheuea on Tim Dormer: “Do I Want to Be His Friend? Probably Not”
“I think one of the only benefits of being an intruder is that you can come in with such clear head, and fresh eyes,” she explained. “When I came in, straight away, Estelle [Landy] was my ride or die, and I was like ‘you know what? Tim [Dormer] is cooked. I can’t explain it, but there is something going on’, and I think Estelle started to notice that.”
Once Estelle had noticed that, Jules said that this was the start of the OGs alliance becoming “really rocky”.
“I was just pointing out all the cracks that were so obvious to me, and so they started going at it,” she said.
While it may sound intimidating to walk into a house with so many established relationships, and so much tension bubbling under the surface, Jules said that she found it “quite nice to walk into”.
She laughed. “I know that sounds so bad, but it was just because the heat was off me as an intruder,” she explained.
Of course, anyone who’s been following Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders throughout the season will know that there is quite a lot of drama going on between Tim and Estelle.
Not only are the duo coming for one another on the show, they’ve also been having heated arguments on Twitter, with Tim going as far as to call Estelle “Big Brother‘s Amber Heard” in a now-deleted tweet.
Of where Tim and Estelle are at now, Jules says she doesn’t know.
“With those OG housemates, they will always have such respect for one another, and this weird love-bond for each other, regardless of what they say,” she began, adding: “Once you’ve been on a reality show together you do understand — it’s a secret world that not many people have experienced — so you have a soft spot for someone even if you do hate them.”
She continued:” It’s really hard to put into words, but I think there will always be love and respect there, but obviously with Tim’s comments linking to a domestic violence case, that goes against everything that I stand for, and it really made me question the type of person he is.”
While they may not get along on a personal level, Jules was quick to give credit where it was due.
“Don’t get it twisted,” she said. “He is so funny and so entertaining, and he was born to do reality TV.”
The Good Bitch podcast host even went as far as to credit the success of the season to Tim’s appearance on the reality TV competition.
“Do I want to be his friend? Probably not. Do I want to watch him on TV every night? A hundred percent,” she said.
Before all the chaos ensued, Jules grew up watching Big Brother Australia, and described walking into the house and seeing the OGs as “a real ‘pinch me’ moment”.
“I was just obsessed,” she said. “I feel like I need to thank Big Brother Up Late for my career where I talk about sex and dating on my podcast, because we were just such little horny dogs watching that at the age of, what, 11?” Jules laughed.
With her Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders adventure done and dusted, we had to know what was next for Jules.
“Well, I’m a podcaster, so I’m just continuing to go on horrific dates and have bad sex!” she exclaimed. “So I think I’ll just go back to my normal life and keep talking about my atrocious love life! Finding love on every corner, doll!”
Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders airs Monday – Wednesdays at 7.30pm, only on 7 and 7 Plus.
Want more Big Brother goss? Check out the stories below:
- Everyone Who Has Been Evicted From Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders
- Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders: Get to Know Johnson Ashak, a Big Brother Superfan
- Meet the Intruders Set to Shake Things Up on Big Brother: Royalty vs New Contenders
- What Does the Term ‘OG’ Mean on Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders?
- Trevor Butler Won a Million Dollars After Winning Big Brother — Now, He’s Back to Make History
- “Made Me Look Like a Psycho” — Evicted Housemate Josh Slams Big Brother For His Bad Edit
- When Is Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders On? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Layla Subritzky Has Returned to Big Brother Australia — and This Time, She’s In It to Win It
- Farmer Dave Is Back to Win Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders
- The Cast of Big Brother Australia 2022 Features Some Very Familiar Faces
- Where to Follow The Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders Housemates on Instagram
- Take a Look Inside the Brand New Big Brother Australia House
- For Reggie Bird, Life After Big Brother Has Been No Walk in the Park — But She’s Back to Win
- Tully and Drew are Reuniting on Big Brother Australia — Let’s Breakdown Their Relationship
- Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders: Meet Ex-Model, Josh
- He’s Always Watching, But the Question Is, Who Is the Man Behind Big Brother?