Sam Asghari Reportedly Files For Divorce From Britney Spears
Just hours after news broke on Aug. 16 that Britney Spears and Sam Asghari are separating after 14 months of marriage, People has reported that 29-year-old Asghari filed for divorce on Wednesday. TMZ was first to report on their split.
A source told People that things have reportedly been “very toxic” between Spears, 41, and Asghari for a long time. “Their marriage has been on the rocks for months,” the insider said. “There has been constant drama. It’s sad. A divorce would be devastating for Britney.” Reps for Spears and Asghari did not immediately respond to POPSUGAR’s requests for comments.
Spears and Asghari first met on the set of the singer’s “Slumber Party” music video in 2016. The pair, who still follow each other on Instagram, announced their engagement on Sept. 12, 2021, exactly two months after the singer’s 13-year conservatorship ended. They tied the knot on June 9, 2022, in an intimate Los Angeles ceremony with 60 guests.
Shortly after their wedding, Asghari opened up about married life in a “Good Morning America” interview, saying, “It’s just surreal. It was way overdue for us, and we imagined this thing being a fairy tale, and it was. We wanted to just celebrate, and that’s what we did.”
Two months after exchanging vows, Spears wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post, “Guys just two months ago I got married 🎉🎉🎉 !!! Can you believe it 🙈🙈🙈 ???” alongside photos from her “fairytale wedding.”
While Spears has yet to publicly address the split, the singer is slated to drop her tell-all memoir, “The Woman in Me,” this fall. According to publisher Simon & Schuster, the book “is a brave and astonishingly moving story about freedom, fame, motherhood, survival, faith, and hope.”
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women