22 Celebrity Power-Couple Costume Ideas
If you and your partner want to wear a couples costume this Halloween, why not go all out and channel a celebrity power couple? You could opt for Beyoncé and JAY-Z, or channel the inspiring duo Barack and Michelle Obama. You could also pretend to be the lucky Ciara and Russell Wilson for a day – just break out your sexiest attire and Seattle Seahawks gear. Trying to figure out what to do if your costume partner is same-gender? Channel Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor, or even Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka. There are so many options, so keep reading for extra inspo!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- What He Wears: Prince Harry often sports a matching suit and tie fit for royalty.
- What She Wears: Meghan loves monochromatic outfits, structured silhouettes, and classy pump heels.
- The Couple Dynamic: They don’t fall all over each other, but as soon as they gaze into each other’s eyes, their love and chemistry is clear. They also seem happiest when they’re partaking in any sort of social cause together.
Kit Harington and Rose Leslie
- What He Wears: Kit either rocks a suit or his go-to look of a white shirt, jeans, and boots. Put a few curls in your hair and sweep them to the side and you’ll look like Kit in no time.
- What She Wears: Rose doesn’t have to fuss much with her outfits, since she lets her beauty speak for itself. Just make sure you have red hair and some freckles.
- The Couple Dynamic: Kit loves to call Rose “darling,” so keep it sweet. Also, if you keep telling your date, “You know nothing, Jon Snow,” you’ll ace this couple.
Ciara and Russell Wilson
- What He Wears: When Russell isn’t rocking his Seattle Seahawks jersey on the field, he’s keeping things cool in a casual shirt and a pair of bottoms with a blazer.
- What She Wears: Ciara loves an asymmetrical look, so any ensemble with that design quality works perfectly.
- The Couple Dynamic: They’re pretty lovey-dovey, but they also show off their goofy sides, often sharing videos of their TikTok dances. So don’t be afraid to get a little silly!
Barack and Michelle Obama
- What She Wears: A beautiful gown or a dress with a color pop and bold print.
- What He Wears: A suit pinned with an American flag, and gray specks in a short haircut.
- The Couple Dynamic: All cool confidence. You will be by each other’s side if needed, but you’re not afraid to do your own thing. Or if you want to channel 2017 Barack and Michelle, throw on some island gear and huge smiles, because you deserve to be on vacation.
Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner
- What He Wears: Joe is very fond of wearing a fun jacket over a simple shirt-and-pants combination.
- What She Wears: Sophie always reflects her cool-girl aura in a sleek and sexy outfit.
- The Couple Dynamic: They’re pretty private about their romance, but they’re always ready to snap a cute couple picture. Their go-to pose seems to be Sophie leaning on her beau.
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith
- What He Wears: Will always looks insanely good in any kind of suit, so if you keep your look fresh with a little bit of a twist, you’ll be good to go.
- What She Wears: Jada is known for her insanely hot body, so show off your curves in a tight dress and finish it off with a wild hairdo.
- The Couple Dynamic: This couple seems to fall more in love as the years go on, so don’t be afraid to be a little bit all over each other. Jada also doesn’t need to keep an eye on her man at all times, so do your own thing before leaving together at the end of the night.
Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor
- What She Wears: Sarah usually makes a statement in bright colors or striking silhouettes.
- What She Wears: Holland often models sophisticated attire with subtle but effective design details.
- The Couple Dynamic: The duo remain rather mum about their relationship, but every time they step out together, they put their love on display.
Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet
- What He Wears: Jason embraces bold looks and usually rocks colorful suits.
- What She Wears: Lisa always looks ethereal, typically wearing dresses that incorporate details like lace, bohemian patterns, and floral prints.
- The Couple Dynamic: They’re not afraid to show PDA and strike a fierce pose together, so they’re definitely a fun pair to emulate.
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom
- What She Wears: Katy’s vibrant personality shines through her style as she often wears something bright and lively.
- What He Wears: Orlando looks snazzy without fail in a classic suit and tie.
- The Couple Dynamic: These two lovebirds basically embody fun and fabulous with a romance full of laughs, PDA, and sexy selfies.
Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian
- What She Wears: Either a tennis outfit (accessorized with victory) or a gorgeous curve-hugging gown.
- What He Wears: Alexis usually sports a suit or a casual tee, jacket, and jeans. If you really want to make the costume a bit more obvious, you can throw on a Reddit shirt.
- The Couple Dynamic: They’re super supportive of each other (just look at how Alexis always encourages Serena at her matches!), so you and your partner should be each other’s biggest cheerleader.
David and Victoria Beckham
- What She Wears: High heels, a tight dress or lavish gown, oversize sunglasses, and a massive wedding ring.
- What He Wears: A Beckham jersey, of course, or a dapper suit.
- The Couple Dynamic: English accents, lots of playful pouting from Posh, kisses, and flirty glances all night long between each other.
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade
- What He Wears: Dwyane isn’t one to shy away from a fun jacket, so grab your flashiest blazer and button up!
- What She Wears: Gabrielle can pull off any look, but she seems to especially gravitate toward something with a cinched waist or a flowy bottom.
- The Couple Dynamic: This pair are unabashedly in love as they’re usually photographed hugging, kissing, or holding hands.
George and Amal Clooney
- What She Wears: Amal has become a style icon since getting together with George. Nail her most famous looks with a floppy hat and matching romper or a black dress with white gloves.
- What He Wears: George looks ridiculously good in a suit, so step up your style game to stay on the same level as your Amal.
- The Couple Dynamic: George is smitten with his wife, and he definitely wants to share that with the world. Engage in adorable PDA but also act like the classiest couple in the room.
Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen
- What She Wears: Either a gorgeous gown or lingerie, heels, and angel wings to channel her infamous Victoria’s Secret model look.
- What He Wears: Either a suit or football uniform, or maybe a mix of both to really get the point across. Throw in a football while you’re at it (deflated state optional).
- The Couple Dynamic: Strike some poses, and show off those dance moves!
Beyoncé and JAY-Z
- What She Wears: A Lemonade-inspired yellow dress, a baseball bat, and microphone – anything fierce, basically.
- What He Wears: A baseball cap, big chain, and new sneakers. Or you can dress things up with a suit jacket.
- The Couple Dynamic: Memorize the words to “Bonnie and Clyde” and tell people you’re crazy in love all night long.
Prince William and Kate Middleton
- What She Wears: Kate loves polka dots, bright colors, and fascinators. And she definitely can’t go anywhere without Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis! Cradle a baby in your arms or push around a stroller for the full effect.
- What He Wears: William is a preppy guy at heart. You can dress in a cute sweater and shirt or pay homage to his military career with a pilot suit.
- The Couple Dynamic: Work on your royal mannerisms, including the wave, and throw in as much British slang as possible. You are very sweet together but not super affectionate. After all, you have to be as prim and proper as royalty!
Bill and Hillary Clinton
- What She Wears: A colorful and professional suit is in order. Accessorize with some pearls and a flipped blond wig.
- What He Wears: Now’s your chance to pull out that Bill Clinton mask from 1998. Be sure to carry around a saxophone and cigar prop, and don’t forget to bring it all together with a patriotic tie.
- The Couple Dynamic: Lots of debating politics and a strong tolerance for flirting.
David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris
- What He Wears: Neil is almost always wearing a well-fitted suit, but you could also nail his look by carrying around a fake Tony Award. Carry a microphone in your pocket, too; you never know when his hosting skills will come in handy!
- What He Wears: David also tends to go a little more formal, but matching with your Neil would be well-advised.
- The Couple Dynamic: Neil has an impressive hosting résumé, so don’t be afraid to command the room.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
- What He Wears: Kanye usually keeps things simple in an oversize sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers.
- What She Wears: Kim loves to show off her famous curves. Channel her look with a form-fitting dress, duster coat, and heels and you’re good to go.
- The Couple Dynamic: Compliment each other all night long and talk about how great you both are.
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez
- What He Wears: Since he’s retired, bust out your favorite vacation shorts and polo, or go fancy in a slick suite and tie.
- What She Wears: Jennifer loves to show off her body, so rock a bodysuit to channel her performance look, or go more “Jenny from the block” with hoop earrings and a high bun in your hair.
- The Couple Dynamic: These two have fallen hard for each other, so don’t be afraid to talk about your future plans together.
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban
- What He Wears: Straighten your hair, draw a fake tattoo on your arm, and grab a guitar.
- What She Wears: Go all out on that old Hollywood glamour.
- The Couple Dynamic: Nicole and Keith hit red carpets together all over the world. Talk in Australian accents while doting on each other every few minutes, and make sure one of you whispers into the others’ ear.
Stephen and Ayesha Curry
- What He Wears: A basketball uniform!
- What She Wears: The most stylish outfit you own.
- The Couple Dynamic: Get a fake championship trophy and walk around like you’re the coolest couple in the NBA.