Glen Powell and Daisy Edgar-Jones to Star in “Twister” Reboot, “Twisters”
The 1996 film “Twister” is getting a sequel. “Where the Crawdads Sing” star Daisy Edgar-Jones will star in the follow-up to the classic movie, which tells the story of a massive cyclone that rips through a midwestern town, and on April 14, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Glen Powell will star alongside her. The film will be directed by “Minari” director Lee Isaac Chung, based on a script by “The Revenant” writer Mark L. Smith. Reps for Edgar-Jones and Powell did not immediately respond to POPSUGAR’s request for comment.
Widely praised for its use of special effects at the time, the original “Twister” starred Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton as storm chasers dealing with catastrophic weather events as well as complex feelings for one another. However, the new version will not be a sequel or continuation of the original story, per The Hollywood Reporter.
News about the film initially broke in mid-March. Further plot details and a release date have not yet been announced. Ahead, check out what we know so far.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Edgar-Jones will star as a former storm chaser who leaves behind her passion after a near-death experience – only to venture out back into the fray for one last encounter with a vicious storm.
So far, Edgar-Jones and Powell are the only cast members that have been announced so far.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship