Ed Sheeran and His Wife, Cherry Seaborn, Have Taylor Swift to Thank For Their Romance
Ed Sheeran is known for his heartfelt songs about love, loss, and relationships, but has remained pretty tight-lipped about his life outside of music over the years. Yet with the upcoming release of his Disney+ documentary, titled “Ed Sheeran: The Sum Of It All,” the singer is opening up about his private life, including never-before-seen footage of him with his wife, Cherry Seaborn.
The couple have actually known each other since they were just 11 years old, after they both attended Thomas Mills High School in Suffolk. While Sheeran embarked on a music career, Seaborn went to Durham University and earned a degree in molecular biology, represented England in the under-21s hockey team, and now works as a manager at prestigious accounting firm, Deloitte. The pair reconnected in 2015 and Sheeran subsequently took a break from music to focus on his relationship. “This has been the first time I’ve ever actually had the time to fall in love properly,” he told Zane Lowe on Beats 1 in January 2017. “I’ve always got into relationships very passionately – I’m a redhead and also Irish.”
Sheeran and Seaborn got married three years later and are now parents to Lyra, 2, and Jupiter, 1. Recently, he opened up about the mental health struggles he faced while writing his album, “Subtract.” In a searingly honest Instagram post, he revealed, “My pregnant wife got told she had a tumor, with no route to treatment until after the birth.” After Jupiter arrived safely, she was able to receive treatment and is now reported to be recovering well.
While the couple keep their romance relatively private, we do have Seaborn to thank for inspiring songs like “Perfect” and “Shape of You.” Read ahead to see a timeline of Sheeran and Seaborn’s relationship.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women