Joshua Jackson Is Accused of Murdering Lizzy Caplan in the “Fatal Attraction” Trailer
Nearly 36 years after Michael Douglas got into a deadly entanglement with Glenn Close, the big screen’s messiest affair is being reimagined. Joshua Jackson and Lizzy Caplan are starring in Paramount+’s streaming adaptation of 1987’s hit thriller “Fatal Attraction,” with the new iteration coming in series form. The official trailer, released April 3, shows the characters, originally played by Douglas and Close, effectively ruining each others’ lives after their brief connection has ongoing consequences.
In the original film, married Dan Gallagher (Douglas) has a weekend-long affair with Alex Forrest (Close) after meeting in Manhattan. Dan views the tryst as a fling, but Alex gets attached, and begins to escalate the situation. Eventually, her ire at Dan’s indifference leads to increasingly deranged actions from Alex: pouring acid on Dan’s car, killing Dan’s daughter’s pet rabbit, and kidnapping the girl. It all leads up to an unforgettable confrontation.
Premiering this spring, “Fatal Attraction” comes from writer, showrunner, and executive producer Alexandra Cunningham and executive producer Kevin J. Hynes. This new iteration has Jackson taking over as Dan, and Caplan as Alex. Keep reading for more info on the rest of the cast, the official trailer, the first teaser trailer, and more plot details.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship