How Many of These “Grey's Anatomy” Trivia Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
“Grey’s Anatomy” is a true TV mainstay at this point. With 18 seasons and nearly 400 episodes and counting, there’s a ton to remember about the show over the course of its many, many years on the air. We’ve followed these characters through countless new arrivals and devastating departures, gut-wrenching deaths, and, of course, some incredibly memorable musical moments. Though there are definitely a few things that we’ve let slip from our memories over the years, there are plenty moments from this series that are truly unforgettable.
Keeping up with the show for more than a decade and a half is no small feat. Have you been there every step of the way, or are you more of a newcomer to the “Grey’s” universe? Are you a casual viewer, or can you still quote lines from over a decade ago? If you think you’ve got what it takes to master all the “Grey’s” trivia, then you are definitely in the right place! From general trivia to season-by-season fun facts and iconic moments, we’ve rounded up some of the most fun and most memorable pieces of trivia from the entire history of “Grey’s Anatomy” so far. Test yourself on your own, or compete with all your “Grey’s”-loving friends to see who truly is the biggest superfan of all.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Trivia
- How many seasons of “Grey’s Anatomy” are there? 18 and counting.
- When did “Grey’s Anatomy” start? 2005.
- What season is the musical episode in? Season seven.
- What colour scrubs do interns wear? What about attendings? Light blue for interns, dark blue for attendings.
- Who usually says the voiceover narration in each episode? Meredith.
- What is Derek’s signature saying? “It’s a beautiful day to save lives.”
- In what season did “Grey’s Anatomy” become the longest-running primetime medical drama? Season 15.
- As of season 18, how many original cast members are still on the show? Three.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 1 Trivia
- Who are Meredith’s roommates? Izzie and George.
- Which intern has completely paid off their med school debt? Izzie.
- What song is the pilot episode named after? “A Hard Day’s Night” by The Beatles.
- Which two doctors are competing for chief of surgery? Derek and Burke.
- What was the theme song in the first season? “Cosy in the Rocket” by Psapp.
- Which major character is introduced at the very end of the season? Addison Montgomery.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 2 Trivia
- What medical condition does Cristina have? An ectopic pregnancy.
- Who does Webber recruit to be his “eyes and ears”? George.
- Which intern does Addison recruit to her specialty? Izzie.
- Which intern successfully performs a “solo” surgery? George.
- Who has to retake his exams? Alex.
- Why does Meredith give her dog, Doc, to Derek and Addison? George threatens to move out if Doc doesn’t.
- Why does Derek punch Mark? He sees Mark talking to Meredith when he first arrives.
- Who gives Mark the “McSteamy” nickname? Meredith.
- Which doctor secretly lives in the hospital? Callie.
- Why does the hospital have a “prom”? Because Webber’s niece is dying and will miss hers.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 3 Trivia
- How does Addison find out that Meredith and Derek hooked up? She finds Meredith’s underwear in Derek’s pocket.
- How much money does Denny leave to Izzie? $8.7 million.
- How many sisters does Derek have? Four.
- Which character’s spinoff was “planted” during this season, and what is the show called? Addison, “Private Practice.”
- Which cast member earned an Emmy for their work on season three? Katherine Heigl.
- Why does Izzie’s daughter come to Seattle Grace? She needs leukemia treatment and a bone marrow transplant.
- What seemingly benign condition gets Meredith’s stepmother, Susan, admitted? Hiccups.
- Which character fails their intern exams? George.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 4 Trivia
- What animal does Izzie “operate” on? A deer.
- Whose sister becomes a main character in this season? Meredith’s sister Lexie.
- What is the name of the nurse who starts dating Derek? Rose.
- Which doctor is the target of the nurses’ strike? Mark.
- What is the name of the medical clinic that Bailey starts? The Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 5 Trivia
- What was the name of the “surgery” doll that Ellis gave to Meredith? Anatomy Jane.
- What bizarre implement injures Cristina? A falling icicle.
- What department do the characters hang out in to de-stress? Dermatology.
- What disappointing ranking does Seattle Grace land at? No. 12.
- Who does Izzie begin seeing visions of? Denny.
- Where does Derek propose to Meredith? In the elevator.
- Who gets married in the 100th episode? Alex and Izzie.
- How does George reveal himself to Meredith when he’s injured? He writes “007” in her palm.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 6 Trivia
- What hospital does Seattle Grace merge with? Mercy West.
- Who does Jackson first develop feelings for? Cristina.
- What is the name of Mark’s daughter? Sloan.
- Why does Izzie leave “Grey’s Anatomy”? She and Alex break up after she comes back from briefly running away.
- What job does Ben have when he and Bailey first meet? He’s an anesthesiologist.
- How does Jackson trick the hospital shooter into thinking Derek is dead? He disconnects the heart monitor.
- Who dies in the hospital shooting? Percy and Reed, along with the gunman.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 7 Trivia
- What unusual color is Cristina’s wedding dress? Red.
- What nickname does Derek have for Amelia? Amy.
- Which doctor temporarily quits surgery, and what new job do they take? Cristina, a waitress at Joe’s.
- Why does Teddy marry Henry? To get him on her medical insurance.
- What event sparks the musical episode? Callie and Arizona get in a car crash.
- Why did Meredith tamper with the Alzheimer’s trial? To make sure that Adele got treatment and not placebo.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 8 Trivia
- What sport does the hospital field a team for? Softball.
- What medical condition does Zola have? Spina bifida.
- Henry used to be what kind of professional athlete? Baseball player.
- In the alternate universe, who is Meredith engaged to? Alex.
- Who does April hook up with just before the board exams? Jackson.
- Which doctors are in the plane crash? Meredith, Cristina, Derek, Mark, Lexie, and Arizona.
- Who was supposed to be on the plane, and who replaced them? Alex was replaced by Arizona.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 9 Trivia
- What state does Cristina move to? Minnesota
- What nickname do Meredith’s residents give to her? “Medusa.”
- Who dies on the same day as Bailey’s wedding? Adele.
- What activity does Derek use to retrain his hand after surgery? Ping-pong.
- What names do Webber and Callie use when “undercover” at a rival hospital? Julio and Calliope Plantain.
- Who gets electrocuted in the basement? Webber and Heather.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 10 Trivia
- What condition does Bailey develop? OCD.
- What important person calls Derek to ask for his expertise? The President of the United States.
- Why does Cristina lose the Harper Avery award? Because she works at an Avery Foundation hospital.
- What country does Cristina move to? Switzerland.
- Which doctor goes with Cristina to her new hospital? Ross.
- Who does Cristina leave her shares of the hospital and her board position to? Alex.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 11 Trivia
- What happened between Richard and Ellis at the carousel? He broke up with her for good.
- What did April and Jackson name their son? Samuel Norbert Avery.
- What complication happens after Dr. Herman’s tumor removal? She’s left blind.
- The episode where Derek dies is named after which song? “How to Save a Life” by The Fray.
- Who accompanies Owen overseas on a military medical training program? April.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 12 Trivia
- Who becomes Arizona’s roommate? Andrew DeLuca.
- How is Callie’s new girlfriend connected to Meredith? Penny was one of the doctors who failed to save Derek.
- What operation gets Ben in trouble? Performing an emergency C-section in a hallway during a lockdown.
- Who is awarded custody of Sofia? Arizona.
- Who does Owen ask to be his best man at his wedding to Amelia? April.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 13 Trivia
- Why doesn’t Alex have to take a plea deal? DeLuca made the DA drop charges by threatening to give false testimony.
- What brings Maggie’s mother to the hospital? Cancer.
- What does Alex do when he tracks down Jo’s abusive ex? Nothing – he doesn’t even confront him.
- When does Stephanie quit Grey Sloan? After being burned in the fire.
- Whose sister is found alive? Owen’s sister Megan.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 14 Trivia
- What career change does Ben decide to make? He becomes a firefighter.
- What does Amelia discover about her own health? She has a brain tumour.
- How does Amelia know Koracick? He was one of her professors.
- Which three former characters have their “doppelgangers” show up in the 300th episode? Cristina, George, and Izzie.
- What award does Meredith win? The Harper Avery.
- Why does Sam Bello have to leave Seattle? She’s a DACA recipient and ICE is trying to deport her.
- Who officiates Alex and Jo’s wedding? Meredith.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 15 Trivia
- Which show’s record did “Grey’s” surpass to become the longest-running primetime medical drama? “ER.”
- What disease did Link have as a child? Bone cancer.
- What second language does Meredith speak? Italian.
- What is the name of Alex’s mother? Helen.
- Who gets fired over Meredith’s insurance fraud? Richard, Alex, and Meredith.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 16 Trivia
- The stars of which old WB show reunite in a season 16 episode? “Charmed.”
- Why does Koracick hate Halloween? His son died just weeks before Halloween.
- What doctor from Meredith’s past is on her license hearing panel? The doctor who didn’t order a CT scan for Derek.
- When is the last time we see Alex? At Meredith’s license hearing.
- Why does Alex leave? To be with Izzie, who used the frozen embryos from when they were married to have their children.
- Who is Teddy and Owen’s daughter named after? Allison, Teddy’s best friend and former lover who died on 9/11.
- What “present” does Cristina send Meredith? Dr. Cormac Hayes.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 17 Trivia
- Which dead characters did Meredith meet on her COVID “beach”? Derek, George, Lexie, Mark, and DeLuca.
- How does Andrew DeLuca die? He’s stabbed after confronting a child trafficker.
- When does Meredith wake up from her COVID coma? When Zola comes to visit her.
- Who does Jackson visit when he’s trying to decide the next steps in his life? His father and April.
- What specialty does Jo switch to? Ob-gyn.
“Grey’s Anatomy” Season 18 Trivia
- When did we last see Nick Marsh before his return in season 18? season 14.
- Which former main character returns? Addison.
- Who officiates Owen and Teddy’s wedding? Megan.
- Where does Meredith split her time between? Seattle and Minnesota.
- What disease is Meredith’s new research focused on? Parkinson’s.