James Marsden Says “Being a Father Is the 1 Thing I’m Most Proud Of”
James Marsden is one of our favorite comedic actors, but fans might not know he’s also a loving dad. James has three kids – Jack, Mary James, and William Luca – and he’s very dedicated to the trio.
“Of all my achievements in life, being a father is the one thing I’m most proud of. It is the most fulfilling,” he told Men’s Health back in 2018. “I’m always self-deprecating, but I don’t have a problem saying that I am a great dad.”
He added that a big part of setting an example for his kids is showing that it’s OK to fail. “It takes seeing the hero mess up or fail at something to become a man,” he explained. “That, to me, has become more important than being this superstar, movie star, or an actor. It’s integrity and substance of character – it’s like when sh*t happens to you in hard times, who do you become because of that? Your kids look at you and that’s how they define who and what they’re supposed to be.”
The “Disenchanted” actor shares son Jack and daughter Mary James with his ex-wife, Lisa Linde; they divorced in 2011. He shares his youngest, William Luca, with Brazilian model and ex-girlfriend Rose Costa. Get to know James’s three kids ahead.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship