Jamie Lee Curtis Cheers On Godson Jake Gyllenhaal at His Movie Premiere
Jamie Lee Curtis and Jake Gyllenhaal are reminding fans of their sweet familial bond. On April 17, the “Everything Everywhere All at Once” actor supported her godson at the premiere of “The Covenant,” a thriller film starring Gyllenhaal. Curtis kissed Gyllenhaal on the cheek as they posed on the red carpet together in matching black suits.
At the premiere, Curtis revealed the two have “just gotten to know each other,” particularly after spending much of the COVID-19 lockdown together, along with Gyllenhaal’s girlfriend, Jeanne Cadieu. Curtis told People the couple lived in her house next door for almost a year. “So singing, acting, sourdough,” she said of her godson’s lockdown activities. “And he did that test where you do a handstand against the wall and take your shirt off and put it back on.” Gyllenhaal hilariously added that he’s “still making sourdough” postpandemic.
Curtis, who shares daughters Annie and Ruby with husband Christopher Guest, also revealed the advice she gave to a young Gyllenhaal starting out in the industry: “I sort of looked at him and said, ‘I’ve done this for a long time. You’re just starting. There may be things your parents don’t have the experience, strength and hope that I do. Please use that if you need to.'”
The Oscar-winning Curtis is also godmother to Maggie Gyllenhaal, as a longtime friend of the siblings’ parents, director Stephen Gyllenhaal and screenwriter Naomi Foner. See more heartwarming photos of the duo at the premiere of “The Covenant” ahead.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women