Lewis Capaldi’s Raw Cover of the “Friends” Theme Song Will Have You Feeling Nostalgic
Lewis Capaldi might be known for his songwriting skills and soulful ballads, but who isn’t partial to the odd cover track? Capaldi took to his trusty guitar to give a snippet of a rendition of The Rembrandts’ “I’ll Be There For You,” perhaps more widely recognized as the “Friends” theme song, for “Capital Breakfast”‘s Bedroom Covers, and it will leave your heart warm.
His raw, acoustic rendition, posted on April 14, shows him singing the opening few lines in his signature emotive tone, and fans immediately commented asking for more. “WANT THIS AS A BONUS TRACK HIDDEN ON THE ALBUM PLS,” one wrote. His second album, “Broken by Desire to Be Heavenly Sent,” is slated for release on May 19.
The well-known cover about friendship comes just a few days after the premiere of his Netflix documentary “How I’m Feeling Now,” in which opens up about his recent Tourette’s diagnosis and his struggles with anxiety. “It’s only making music that does this to me,” the Brit Award winner told The Times on April 2 about the health concerns. “But if it gets to a point where I’m doing irreparable damage to myself, I’ll quit. I hate hyperbole, but it is a very real possibility that I will have to pack music in.” Aside from his mental health, the documentary also reveals what close friends and family he has, featuring his friendship with Niall Horan as well.
While Capaldi is known for his hilarious TikTok videos and self-deprecating social media presence, his heartfelt songs prove he is a sensitive soul at heart, making this cover song all the more special. Watch the cover above for a heartwarming listen that you’ll be rewatching all day.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women