If Lizzo Needs Inspo For Her Amazon TV Deal, I Have a Few Ideas That Are Good as Hell
Lizzo is making money moves! The 30-year-old “Cuz I Love You” singer has signed a first-look deal with Amazon Studios, Variety confirmed on Aug. 6. As part of the deal, Lizzo is teaming up with the streaming platform to create projects exclusively for Amazon Prime Video, and I already know they’re going to be good as hell (sorry, I had to).
“I’m so excited to partner with the amazing team at Amazon,” Lizzo said in a statement. “Thank you to Jen Salke and the rest of the team for making this dream come true. I can’t wait to get started and share my vision with the world.”
Head of Amazon Studios Jennifer Salke also expressed her excitement, adding, “Lizzo is one of the most exciting, creative, joyful artists in the industry, and it is such a pleasure to announce this new deal with her. She has such a unique perspective and we’re so excited to hear her ideas for new content that our Prime Video customers are sure to love.”
We’ve already gotten a taste of what Lizzo can bring to the screen from her voicing Lydia in Ugly Dolls and her appearance in Hustlers, however, this project will mark her first major move in television. If Lizzo needs help brainstorming ideas, I’ve compiled a list of projects I’d love to see her helm ahead.
- A tutorial on how to be 100 percent that b*tch, because personally, I need that
- A flute competition series featuring Sasha herself
- Or even just a show on how to play the flute – after all, she did teach herself
- A reunion of the Cornrow Clique – yes, I took it way back
- Anything with her and Harry Styles, and I mean, ANYTHING
- A travel series featuring her luxurious getaways, but maybe that one can wait until the pandemic is over
- A reading of all her inspiring quotes (I know we could all use that right now)
- A twerking tutorial that shares the key to making it look like an art form, because let’s face it, my buns could never
- Some sort of mixology series – she does love her tequila!
- A talk show where she interviews various celebrities (like she did with Chance the Rapper) and gets to ask her own questions – and yes, they have to answer