“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
Since publishing this story, Network Ten has announced the death of MasterChef Australia judge, Jock Zonfrillo on April 30, 2023. MasterChef Australia Secrets and Surprises will now premiere on Sunday, May 7, with the full support of Zonfrillo’s family.
Get excited, foodies! “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises,” is almost here, and it’s sure to have you on the edge of your seat. With unexpected twists and turns in the kitchen that promise to leave your tastebuds entranced , you won’t want to miss a single moment.
The judges that we all know and love, Andy Allen, Melissa Leong, and Jock Zonfrillo will be returning to headline the show, while a range of celebrity guest judges, including international superstar chef Jamie Oliver. The cooking legend will be introducing some interesting culinary tests over the first two episodes in celebration of his return to the show after 10 years.
With a grand prize of $250,000 and the title of “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on the line, the 18 cooks will need to give it their all. And we’re hoping to see incredible cooking skills, creativity and maybe a bit of drama in the kitchen.
Let’s take a look at the chefs who will be competing this year.
“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Cruz Vaamonde
In 2015, Antonio Cruz Vaamonde migrated to Australia from Venezuela to chase better opportunities. Him and his grandmother — more affectionately known as Mamucha — would bond over the dream of him competing in the “MasterChef” kitchen. Sadly, she passed away during the pandemic but he plans to honour her memory throughout the competition.
Growing up he watched his mum and Mamucha in the kitchen especially when it comes to desserts, pastries and sweets. Much like fellow contestant, Andrea Puglisi, Vaamonde plans to bring big flavours and hero his South American heritage.
He loves the culinary creations of Gordon Ramsey and social media chef, Andy Hearnden and combining their ideas to create his own dishes. And one day he hopes to venture beyond the “MasterChef Australia” kitchen and launch his own patisserie alongside his mother.
Tune in to see Antonio Cruz Vaamonde’s culinary journey unfold on “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”. Only on 10 and 10Play.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition