Cath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
Since publishing this story, Network Ten has announced the death of MasterChef Australia judge, Jock Zonfrillo on April 30, 2023. MasterChef Australia Secrets and Surprises will now premiere on Sunday, May 7, with the full support of Zonfrillo’s family.
Australia’s favourite cooking competition, “MasterChef Australia” returns with a new iteration, “Secrets & Surprises”.This show is set to deliver unexpected twists that will leave you wanting more. You can catch the show on 10 and 10 Play when it premieres.
What’s more, the show’s beloved judges — Jock Zonfrillo, Andy Allen, and Melissa Leong — are returning to the spotlight, alongside a host of celebrity guest judges who will put the contestants’ skills to the test. The first guest judge to make an appearance is none other than the world-renowned superstar chef, Jamie Oliver, who will introduce the first few challenges over two episodes, marking his return to the show after ten years.
The amateur cooks must bring their A-game to the table as they battle for a grand prize of $250,000 and the title of “MasterChef”. With only 18 home cooks selected this year, the competition is bound to be fierce. And we’re sure to see the contestants under pressure to impress the judges and avoid elimination.
Before the competition heats up, let’s take a sneak peek at the talented chefs competing this year. Brace yourself to be blown away by their skills and innovation in the kitchen.
“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Cath Collins
54-year-old Cath Collins is finally taking the leap and chasing her “MasterChef” dreams. After watching Julie Goodwin’s return to the competition in 2022, Collins felt inspired to apply.
When home, she constantly aspires to feed her two daughters yummy meals that nourished, engaged and excited them. Just like her mother did for her and her nine other siblings. The administration professional is a self taught cook that feels she has a good grip on both sweet and savoury. Simply put, she just loves all food.
After her travels and ventures in eating out, Collins became fascinated with European cuisines. This became especially handy during COVID lockdowns to keep her family’s tastebuds interested. She would often pull together themed dinners and creative desserts.
Beyond the MasterChef kitchen, she hopes to open a high tea café and create a series of cooking classes for school-aged children, teens and adults too.
Watch Cath embark on her “MasterChef Australia” journey when it premieres on 10 and 10 play.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition