Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
Since publishing this story, Network Ten has announced the death of MasterChef Australia judge, Jock Zonfrillo on April 30, 2023. MasterChef Australia Secrets and Surprises will now premiere on Sunday, May 7, with the full support of Zonfrillo’s family.
Get ready, food enthusiasts! “MasterChef Australia” is making a comeback with its 15th season titled “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises” in 2023. This season promises to be full of twists and turns in the kitchen that will tantalise your taste buds, premiering soon on 10 and 10 Play. And to add to the excitement, judges Jock Zonfrillo, Andy Allen, and Melissa Leong will be returning to the spotlight.
The competition will be even more intense as a variety of celebrity guest judges will join the show, starting with international superstar chef Jamie Oliver. Jamie will spice things up with some adrenaline-pumping challenges over two episodes, making his first return to the show in over a decade.
With only 18 aprons up for grabs, the amateur cooks will have to bring their A-game and impress the judges to stay in the competition. The stakes are high, with a grand prize of $250,000 at the end.
Before the competition heats up, take a look at the chefs who will be competing this year.
“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Robbie Cooper
Robbie Cooper, 65, is a proud Iwaidja man from the Northern Territory and a youth support worker. For Robbie, competing on “MasterChef” is more than just showcasing his culinary skills. It’s also a chance to share his rich cultural heritage with the world.
With a diverse background that includes Asian and Torres Strait Islander ancestry, Robbie’s cooking style can be best described as “Aboriginal Asian fusion”. He is equally comfortable cooking traditional dishes on country as he is experimenting with modern Australian cuisine.
Growing up in Darwin, Robbie was known for his sporting abilities in AFL and rugby league. But it was his love for food and cooking that truly captured his heart. As the eldest contestant on the show, Robbie is excited to share his knowledge and wisdom with the other contestants and act as an Uncle to the group. With his passion for food and culture, Robbie is ready to take on the “MasterChef” kitchen and show the world what he’s made of.
“MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises” premieres soon on 10 and 10 Play.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition