Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
Since publishing this story, Network Ten has announced the death of MasterChef Australia judge, Jock Zonfrillo on April 30, 2023. MasterChef Australia Secrets and Surprises will now premiere on Sunday, May 7, with the full support of Zonfrillo’s family.
Clear your calendars because “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises” will be taking over the start of your week. Coming back for its 15th season, audiences are being promised an unforgettable show full of twists, turns and delicious dishes. Thankfully some sense of normalcy can be expected with the return of Melissa Leong, Jock Zonfrillo and Andy Allen to the judges table.
With international celebrity chef, Jamie Oliver, setting the first two episodes’ challenges we just know the competition is starting off with a bang. And he’s just one out of a variety of guest judges to join the show throughout this season.
Only 18 home cooks will wear the sought-after white aprons and engage in a battle of the best. Like in previous seasons, they are each competing for a shot at $250,000 and the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 title.
Who will come out victorious? Here’s the hopeful chefs that will be giving it a red hot go.
“MasterChef Australia” 2023: Theo Loizou
Swapping electrician tools for kitchenware, Theo Loizou is excited to be spicing up his life. In 2019, the sparky travelled to France and pursue his dream of baking bread. Not only did he land a job at a boulangerie but he met his now partner and his six-month trip became a three-year stay.
Many family moments for the Loizous were spent bonding over food and his yiayia’s freshly baked bread. He spent time observing his parents and grandparents in the kitchen which inspired his cooking style.
The now-Melbourne resident uses his intuition when cooking meals and often doesn’t follow a recipe. He notes that his connection to food is intense. A lover of experimentation, he looks forward to pushing himself and reaching his goals in the “MasterChef” kitchen.
Whether or not he takes home the win, he plans to open an artisanal bakery that focuses on sourcing ingredients from local farmers.
Tune in to “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises” on 10 and 10Play to watch Theo fulfill his dream.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition