‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
“MasterChef Australia” judge Jock Zonfrillo has died aged 46, his family and Network Ten have announced. He passed away in Melbourne on Sunday, leaving behind his wife, Lauren Fried, and four children. Sky News reports the father-of-four was found dead in a Melbourne hotel on Lygon Street on Sunday after police conducted a welfare check.
The Scottish-Australian chef became a host of the popular cooking show in 2019, alongside Andy Allen and Melissa Leong.
The Zonfrillo family released a statement expressing their heartbreak at the loss of their irreplaceable husband, father, brother, son, and friend. They asked for privacy as they grieve and, eventually, find a way to celebrate Jock’s life.
“With completely shattered hearts and without knowing how we can possibly move through life without him. We are devastated to share that Jock passed away yesterday,” they said in the statement.
“So many words can describe him, so many stories can be told, but at this time we’re too overwhelmed to put them into words. For those who crossed his path, became his mate, or were lucky enough to be his family, keep this proud Scot in your hearts when you have your next whisky.
“We implore you to please let us grieve privately as we find a way to navigate through this and find space on the other side to celebrate our irreplaceable husband, father, brother, son and friend.”
“Deeply shocked and saddened at the sudden loss”
Network 10 and Endemol Shine Australia also released a statement. They paid tribute to Jock’s talent and passion for food as well as his love for his family and his contributions to “MasterChef Australia”.
“Network 10 and Endemol Shine Australia are deeply shocked and saddened at the sudden loss of Jock Zonfrillo. A beloved member of the MasterChef Australia family. Jock passed away in Melbourne yesterday,” the statement read.
“In 2019, Jock was named as a judge on MasterChef Australia in which he took great pride in challenging and coaching the contestants and of course inspiring a nation of home cooks.
“Jock’s charisma, wicked sense of humour, generosity, passion and love for food and his family cannot be measured. He will be greatly missed.”
In light of the passing of Jock Zonfrillo, Network Ten has delayed the premiere of “MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises” until further notice.
If this article brings up any issues for you or anyone you know, or if you or a young person you know is struggling with symptoms of mental illness, please contact Headspace (1800 650 890) or chat online. If you are over the age of 25 and suffering from symptoms of mental illness, please contact your local GP for a Mental Health Assessment Plan or call Lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800), both of which provide trained counsellors you can talk with 24/7.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition