Fish Guru Josh Niland Returns to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
“MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises” isn’t slowing down with its guest culinary expertise. Last week, a range of guest chefs enter the kitchen to battle it out with the contestants during the epic showdown of Home Cooks Vs Pro Cooks. Now, chef Josh Niland is stepping into the spotlight.
Renowned for his expertise in whole fish cookery and nose-to-tail seafood preparation, Josh is set to inspire and challenge the contestants in the ultimate culinary showdown.
Who Is Josh Niland?
The Australian chef and restaurateur is redefining the seafood industry. Born and raised in Maitland, New South Wales, Josh’s passion for food and cooking began at a young age. Despite facing a serious illness during his youth, Josh found solace and fascination in the world of cuisine, igniting a lifelong pursuit of culinary excellence. He had to overcome cancer at the age of eight, which involved months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, as well as having a kidney removed. Inspired by his own experiences, he embarked on a culinary journey focused on elevating the humble fish and minimising waste.
With the support of his mother, Josh began experimenting with seafood and honing his skills as a chef. His determination led him to work in renowned restaurants, including the esteemed Fat Duck in the United Kingdom.
In 2016, Josh and his wife Julie fulfilled their dream of opening their own restaurant, Saint Peter, in Paddington, Sydney. Saint Peter is an Australian fish restaurant that celebrates the concept of whole fish cookery. Their mission is to showcase sustainably sourced seafood from Australia, expertly prepare it, and serve it in its simplest form.
Through his innovative approach, Niland continues to inspire chefs and home cooks alike to appreciate and utilise every part of the fish. His commitment to sustainability and his passion for seafood have earned him a well-deserved reputation as the fish master.
Josh Niland Cookbooks
“The Whole Fish Cookbook,” his first book released in 2019, offers a fresh perspective on cooking, eating, and appreciating fish in its entirety.
In “Take One Fish,” Josh takes readers on a global journey, presenting 60 exquisite recipes from just 15 varieties of fish, showcasing the incredible versatility of seafood. And in his latest release, “Fish Butchery,” Josh shares expert techniques and groundbreaking recipes that advocate for sustainable culinary practices.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Gobble up these POPSUGAR stories:
- Get Ready to Have Your Taste Buds Tingling With “MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises”
- MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Explains Why He Carries “Worry Beads” During the Show
- Heartfelt Tributes Pour in Following the Shock Death of “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo
- Meet the Competitors: Here’s Who’s Bringing Their A-Game to “MasterChef: Secrets & Surprises”
- “MasterChef Australia” Has Announced Its New Launch Date
- Is “MasterChef Australia” 2023 on Tonight?
- “MasterChef Australia”: Amy Brings a Mix of Global Flavours to the Kitchen
- ‘Completely Shattered’: “MasterChef Australia” Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies Aged 46
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Malissa Lives For Good Food and Good Times
- “MasterChef Australia ” 2023: Larissa Is Equipped With Flavours From Around the World
- Will Theo’s Intense Love For Food Send Sparks Flying on “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Brent Is Back and Ready to Take Home the Trophy
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Rue Brings Her Zimbabwean Culture to the Table
- Robbie Brings Rich Culture and History to “MasterChef Australia” 2023
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Take on the “MasterChef Australia” 2023 Challenge
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Antonio Honours His Grandmother’s Legacy
- Andrea Is Bringing His Nonna-Approved Cooking Skills to the “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Here’s How Much the Contestants of “MasterChef Australia” Get Paid During Their Time on the Show
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023: Phil Is a Food and Wine Wiz
- ath Hopes “MasterChef Australia” Will Help Her Build Her Dream Café
- Jessica Brings Nonna’s Recipes to “MasterChef Australia” Kitchen
- Does Grace Have What It Takes to Win “MasterChef Australia”?
- “MasterChef Australia” 2023’s Ralph Hopes to Bring a Taste of Home to the Culinary Contest
- “MasterChef Australia”: Meet Declan, the Youngest Competitor
- “MasterChef Australia”: Alice Brings a Mix of East and West to the Kitchen
- “MasterChef Australia”: Adi Brings Her Diverse Culinary Background to the Competition