Neil Patrick Harris Takes His Twins to Opening Night of “Peter Pan Goes Wrong” on Broadway
Neil Patrick Harris brought the family to Broadway. The actor was accompanied by his husband, David Burtka, and their 12-year-old twins, Harper and Gideon, to the opening night of his new show “Peter Pan Goes Wrong” on April 19. Harris flexes his comedy chops as a narrator and pirate in the show at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre in New York City. Before seeing Harris perform, the family made a rare appearance on the red carpet, with the twins looking all grown up.
The new show turns J. M. Barrie’s iconic “Peter Pan” on its head with drama, mischief, and accidents galore. “Peter Pan Goes Wrong” has already garnered critical acclaim following its debut, with viewers praising Harris for his “ditzy, unbuttoned comic relish,” per Variety. “First show tonight!” Harris wrote on Instagram. “Hope you get a chance to come and see us all – the world needs a proper, well-crafted laugh right now.”
While many may know him as Barney Stinson in “How I Met Your Mother,” Harris has extensive theater experience as well, previously starring in Broadway’s “Cabaret,” and winning a Tony for his title role in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.”
Since welcoming the twins via surrogacy in October of 2011, Harris’s kids have proven to be among his biggest fans, cheering him on as he sang the national anthem at a Yankees Game in 2017. They have also attended other Broadway shows as a family, including “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” in 2018.
“This last decade has absolutely whizzed by – and I’ve loved it,” Harris wrote in honor of the twins’ 10th birthday in 2020.”My parenting skills are both terrible and amazing. Having children makes you grow in a thousand different directions, and I am just so thankful to my kids for all of it.”
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women