Here’s Where You Might Have Seen the Cast of Netflix’s “Beef” Before
Netflix’s “Beef” tells the story of two very angry people who, when they meet, magnify each others’ anger by a thousandfold. Steven Yeun stars as Danny, a contractor plagued by persistent unhappiness, and Ali Wong plays Amy, a wealthy business owner and mom whose public message is that women “can have it all,” but on the inside, she’s silently exploding. When Danny and Amy get in a road rage incident, they both set about destroying each others’ lives. Their feud increases in aggression before culminating in a dramatic conclusion.
On April 3, writer, creator, and showrunner Lee Sung Jin told the New York Times that the A24-produced series was inspired by being involved in a road rage incident, himself. After reflecting on it, “I thought there was something interesting there, how we’re all locked in our subjective worldviews, and we go around projecting a lot on the other person and not really seeing things for what they are,” he said.
The show is rounded out by a supporting cast that includes Ashley Park, Patti Yasutake, and David Choe. In celebration of the show, which premiered on Netflix on April 6, get to know the cast of “Beef.”
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship