Jennifer Lawrence Gears Up For a Pretty Awkward Ride in the “No Hard Feelings” Poster
Jennifer Lawrence is trying out a new role – lead in a raunchy comedy – and it seems to be a natural fit. In “No Hard Feelings,” Lawrence plays down-on-her-luck Uber driver Maddie who, when faced with losing her house, takes on a job trying to loosen up a socially awkward 19-year-old named Perry (Andrew Barth Feldman) before he goes off to college.
In the trailer, which was released on March 9, Lawrence’s Maddie tries everything from skinny dipping to Long Island iced teas in order to successfully seduce him, per his parents’ bizarre request – only to find out that he might have a few things to teach her about romance as well. Meanwhile, the poster, which dropped on April 24, labels Lawrence as “pretty” and Feldman as “awkward,” setting up what’s sure to be the movie’s central dichotomy.
32-year-old Lawrence is in the midst of a career resurgence, starring in “Don’t Look Up” in 2021 and “Causeway” in 2022. She was also supposed to star in “Bad Blood,” a movie about fallen tech mogul Elizabeth Holmes, but backed out of the role last year after seeing Amanda Seyfried‘s expert portrayal of Holmes in Hulu’s “The Dropout.” But Lawrence has plenty on her plate as is, having just welcomed her first child, Cy, in April 2022.
Ahead, check out what we know about “No Hard Feelings.”
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women