Everyone Thinks They Know Who the Frillneck Is on The Masked Singer — His Songs Might Offer Extra Clues
The Masked Singer finale is today! We just saw Frillneck's final performance. We don't yet know if he's won — he could be the next person to be unveiled, like Simon Pryce as the Puppet, Isaiah Firebrace as the Wizard and Mark Philippousis as the Echidna.
The leading fan theory about the Frillneck is that he's writer, musician and actor Eddie Perfect. Here's how the clues fit together:
- He's played chess with beetles and a glass of juice, a nod to his recent Broadway musical adaptation of Beetlejuice. Further clues point to tricks that "don't always pay off" — the show was panned by critics — while a banner reads, "I love Tony", a nod to his Tony Award nomination.
- Beetlejuice isn't the only theatre show on his resume, which also includes King Kong (which has its own clues) and The Beast, which are acknowledged by a pair of theatre binoculars.
- He's also had a can of cola, likely a link to Drink Pepsi, B*tch!, one of his early shows.
- Hints have also pointed to his long-running role as Mick Holland on Offspring.
- "The performance we had to have" is a riff on a Paul Keating quote (it's not the only Paul Keating reference for politics stans) — and Eddie featured in Keating the Musical.
- "I don't care what Miley Cyrus says," seems like a nod to her song, "Nobody's Perfect". He's literally Perfect.
Eddie's probably got one of Australia's most distinctive voices! Prove it's not him!
Check out all of the Frillneck's performances on The Masked Singer below, and we'll update you as the series progresses.