- Elizabeth was going incognito during a walk in Scotland when a local resident commented that she "looked just like the queen." "How reassuring," she replied.
- During a state visit, when an escort commander was blocking the crowd's view of the royal carriage: "Actually, Captain, I think it's me they've come to see."
- Protesters threw eggs at the queen during a visit to New Zealand, after which she quipped, "I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast."
- When asked her thoughts on Niagara Falls while visiting Canada, she remarked, "It looks very damp."
- James Bond actor Roger Moore's then-wife once asked the queen why she carried her purse around with her at Buckingham Palace. She replied, "This house is very big, you know."