Here’s How “Queen Charlotte” Connects to “Bridgerton”
One of the most beloved woman characters to come out of the “Bridgerton” series is Queen Charlotte, from her elaborate plans to unveil the identity of the elusive Lady Whistledown to her immaculate fashion sense. Now “Bridgerton” fans get the opportunity to dive deep into the backstory of the beloved queen and her love story in the spinoff series “Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story,” which is now available to stream on Netflix.
The series introduces viewers to a young Charlotte, who travels to London to marry King George III and eventually take her place as queen. But how exactly does “Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story” connect back to the “Bridgerton” universe?
As mentioned in season one of “Bridgerton,” the marriage between Queen Charlotte and King George III opened the door for nonwhite elites to integrate into the ton. Viewers not only get to witness the love blossom between Charlotte and George, but get an opportunity to see the societal shift firsthand. The show also dives into the backstories of some of the other beloved characters from the series – Lady Danbury and Violet Bridgerton – and how the events from the past shape who they become in “Bridgerton.”
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women