Rihanna and A$AP Rocky Finally Share Their Son’s Name on His First Birthday
Rihanna and A$AP Rocky are finally sharing their son’s name exactly a year after his birth: RZA. In celebration of the toddler’s first birthday on May 13, Rocky shared an Instagram post with various intimate family photos. In his caption, Rocky confirmed recent reports that the child was named after the Wu-Tang Clan artist of the same name. “WU TANG IZ 4 DA CHUREN,” he wrote. “HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO MY 1st BORN . RZA.” A birth certificate previously obtained by People revealed the full name to be RZA Athelston Mayers. The middle name is similar to Rocky’s, whose full name is Rakim Athelaston Mayers.
Though she tends to be tight-lipped about her personal life and upcoming album, Rihanna did appear to drop a hint about her firstborn’s name, as she was seen wearing a RZA t-shirt while out in New York City in August 2022, just a few months after welcoming her son. The rapper – born Robert Fitzgerald Diggs – is hugely influential in hip-hop, and has also scored several films, including the “Kill Bill” franchise.
Rihanna and Rocky welcomed their son on May 13, 2022 after about two years of dating and many years of friendship. The couple is currently expecting their second child, and Rihanna famously revealed the news during her halftime show performance at the Super Bowl in February. Rihanna recently spoke about her second pregnancy in an interview at the Met Gala, saying, “No cravings. Tons of nausea. Everything’s different, but I’m enjoying it.”
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship