Sofia Richie Marries Elliot Grainge in Lavish Wedding in France
Sofia Richie is married! According to Vogue, the 24-year-old model tied the knot with music executive Elliot Grainge on April 22 at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, France. Sofia reportedly wore a Chanel dress, and her mother-in-law Lady Caroline Grainge and her best friend, Ali Melle, attended her final dress fitting with her a few days before the ceremony.
Prior to the couple exchanging their “I dos,” Sofia’s friends shared photos from her wedding weekend on Instagram, including snaps from her bridal breakfast. Guests at the wedding included Sofia’s sister, Nicole Richie, family friend Paris Hilton, and Summer Fridays co-founders Lauren Ireland and Marianna Hewitt.
Sofia and Grainge first got together in 2021. The daughter of Lionel Richie confirmed their romance on Instagram in April 2021 with a carousel of photos of the pair. A year later, Grainge proposed to Sofia with a gorgeous emerald-cut diamond ring. “Forever isn’t long enough @elliot,” she captioned the post.
Not long after their engagement was announced, Sofia’s famous father revealed he was thrilled for his daughter and Grainge. “I love Elliot,” the “Hello” singer told Access Hollywood at the time. “I’ve known him since he was 12 … It was one of those things where I don’t have to go back and check out the kid. I know who it is.”
Prior to their wedding, the couple was spotted vacationing together in the South of France. The vacation clearly inspired their choice of wedding venues, because they ultimately returned to France to exchange their vows.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship