The countdown to Splendour In the Grass 2021 is officially on! Read on for everything you need to know from when the tickets go on sale to a breakdown of the transport options.
When is it?
Splendour in the Grass is a three-day festival taking place in 2021 on Jul. 23, 24 and 25. The 20th anniversary event was originally scheduled for July 2020, was then rescheduled to October, and finally pushed back to 2021 due to restrictions on public events in the wake of the coronavirus crisis. Refunds are available if you can't make the new dates.
How much are tickets?
You can purchase one of these returned tickets for one of these tickets from Moshtix:
- 3 Day Ticket (Friday to Sunday and includes Thursday access): $399 per ticket, plus booking fees and CC chargers.
- Single Ticket (Friday or Saturday or Sunday): $189 plus booking fees and CC chargers.
- VIP Village — 3 Day Ticket (Friday to Sunday and includes Thursday access, camping not included): $599 per ticket, plus booking fees and CC chargers.
- VIP Village — Single Day Ticket (Friday to Sunday and includes Thursday access, camping not included): $299 per ticket, plus booking fees and CC chargers.
- Camping Ticket (Wednesday to Monday): $145 per ticket plus booking fees and CC chargers.
- Family Camping Ticket (Wednesday to Monday): $145 per ticket plus booking fees and CC chargers.
Where is it being held?
SITG will be held at North Byron Parklands — the festival's permanent home.
Who is headlining?
Tyler, The Creator, Gorillaz and The Strokes are set to headline the 2021 festival.
What's the lineup?
The line-up for 2021 is yet to be announced, but the intended 2020 line-up included exclusive shows for Tyler, the Creator and Flume.
What's the best way to travel there?
North Byron Parklands is roughly 9km north of Brunswick Heads, 25km north of the Byron Bay CBD or 40km south of Tweed Heads. The exact address is 126 Tweed Valley Way, Yelgun NSW 2483.
- By bus: Buses will operate to and from locations surrounding North Byron Parklands and is the recommended mode of transport. Bus tickets must be purchased online before boarding the bus.
- By car: You must pre-purchase a vehicle pass before the event. You'll need this if you're parking for the day or camping.
- By taxi or rideshare: Operators will be directed to a designated zone on site.
What are the accommodation options?
As always, you can stay at the SITG campsite (there's a separate one for families too!) but if tent life isn't your vibe, there are hotels and Airbnb options close by too.
What other activities are on?
If you want a change of scene, there are so many cool and quirky activities on offer at The Global Village. We're talking Tarot card reading, bespoke picnic experiences, a silent disco . . . The list goes on. The Splendour Comedy Corner is also a must with up-and-coming comedians from all around the country serving constant LOLs.