John Travolta and Katherine Heigl Cast as Lovers With Low Self-Esteem in Rom-Com “That’s Amore”
Image Source: Getty / Michael Loccisano / Amanda Edwards
John Travolta and Katherine Heigl are officially set to play lovers on the big screen. The pair have been cast in a romantic comedy called “That’s Amore,” Palisades Park Pictures revealed on May 11 ahead of the film’s sales launch at the forthcoming Cannes Film Festival, per Variety. The movie was written and will be directed by “Green Book”‘s Nick Vallelonga.
Travolta, best known for “Grease” and “Saturday Night Fever,” recently appeared in 2022’s “Paradise City.” In February, he celebrated his 69th birthday with a trip to Las Vegas, accompanied by his friends and his daughter Ella. Meanwhile, 44-year-old Heigl is currently starring in Netflix’s “Firefly Lane,” and is also well-known for her roles in “Grey’s Anatomy,” “27 Dresses,” and many more.
Ahead, check out what we know about “That’s Amore” so far.
“That’s Amore” Plot
“That’s Amore” stars Travolta as a man named Nick who is convinced that his dating years have long passed him by, per Deadline. Meanwhile, Heigl plays a shy woman named Patty, whose past, nervous habits, and overbearing father have also caused her to give up on love. When sparks fly between the pair, though, they embark on a romance that involves their families, a ton of trust issues, and what’s sure to be a whole lot of laughs.
“That’s Amore” Cast
Heigl and Travolta are the only confirmed cast members. Christopher Walken is also reportedly in talks to join the cast, per Deadline.
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship