The Bachelors 2023: Quick-Fire Questions With Felix Von Hofe, Jed McIntosh, and Thomas Malucelli
For those of you in the know, this season of “The Bachelors Australia” was filmed back in May 2022, but Network Ten pushed it back in a bid to give new shows like “Hunted Australia“, “The Traitors“, “The Real Love Boat” and “The Challenge Australia” a proper chance to find an audience, with… mixed results.
Now, it’s time for us to return to what’s tried and true in “The Bachelors Australia” but, this time, it’s with a twist. Aside from the fact that there are three bachelors this year, the show shifted production from Sydney, moved to the Gold Coast, and left all the candles and fairy lights behind.
Of the delay between filming and the show’s premiere, Felix told POPSUGAR Australia that it’s felt “like another year of COVID”.
“You can’t be out in public too much, so you’ve gotta be a little lowkey while you’re out and about and that sort of stuff,” he explained.
“I’ve found it to be such a strange feeling,” Felix continued, “because for us, it’s happened — we’ve gone through the experience, all of that sort of stuff, but for everyone else, they’ve got no idea.”
Still, Felix said that the delay “adds into” the excitement and that all three of them are eagerly awaiting the show’s premiere and excited for the day when they’re not “hearing ‘did you find love?’ every three minutes of the day”.
He laughed. “You get real good at saying ‘tune into Channel 10!'”
Jed said that even though there’s been quite a break, they’ve “been heavily involved with promo and keeping in contact with a lot of people” throughout so “it still doesn’t really feel like [they’ve] stepped away from it”.
Aside from getting to revisit their own experiences on the show, Thomas said that they were all excited to see the moments that they weren’t around for.
“Actually seeing the boys on the dates and seeing what they went through and not just hearing the story afterwards,” Thomas said, “and then, also, seeing what the girls are talking about and how the girls think about us will be a really cool experience.”
Felix laughed. “We probably made ourselves out to be a lot better on the dates than what we were!”
To get to know the Bachelors a little better, we asked them a few quick-fire questions. From their weirdest quirk to their most prized possessions, here’s what Felix, Jed and Thomas had to say:
What Is Your Weirdest Quirk?
Felix: “I’ve got a couple! I occasionally talk to myself and forget I’m doing it. And I pace everywhere. I’ve got a big living area in my house and I just pace it, I can’t really stop moving.”
Thomas: “I’m sure I have so many, but the first thing that comes to mind is that I can’t walk slowly. I walk really, really, really fast, so I’m power-walking wherever I go.”
Jed: “It’s drumming related; I tap on everything and I’m always tapping stuff, making noises, I’m a very loud man! Sometimes I will just have something in my head and I’ll just forget I’m around people and start tapping stuff.”
If You Could Only Eat One Thing for the Rest of Your Life, What Would It Be?
Felix: “I’d probably cop the chicken wings at Revolver Upstairs.”
Jed: “I’d eat, oh God, one item? One meal, it would be…”
Thomas: “Brazilian barbecue, it has everything!”
Jed: “There you go! Oh, I really like French food, so anything French, but not a snail, I’m sick of the snails.”
What’s Your Most Prized Possession, the Thing You’d Save In a Fire?
Felix: “I have a little Felix the Cat watch that was gifted to my parents the day I was born, and I was only allowed to get it when I turned 18. And I’ve actually lost the watch in China before, and I had to take a flight back to the city I was in to get the watch back again.”
Thomas: “I’ve got this little black book that’s been passed down for generations, and it’s a book about how to understand women, how to date women, in Italian, and it’s my most prized possession.”
Jed: “Oh wow, mine would be my first drum kit. This sounds so silly, but I love it, it’s my first love and it will always be.”
What’s Your Go-To Karaoke Song?
Felix: “Oh, yes! ‘Enter Sandman,’ by Metallica! The quickest way you can clear a bar in a short amount of time. I actually got asked, in the town I used to live in Washington, I got specifically asked to stop singing it.”
Thomas: ‘Mine is ‘As Long As You Love Me’ by the Backstreet Boys.”
Jed: “Mine is ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ because it’s an absolute belter and no one thinks I can pull it off, but I slay it.”
If You Won the Lotto, What’s the First Big Ticket Purchase You’d Make?
Felix: “I’d buy the network and control the edit of the show!” he laughs. “If this is being published, I’d donate it all to charity, every cent. To the… orphanage.”
Thomas: “I would be taking a trip all around the world with best friends and loved ones.”
Jed: “I’d take a trip around the world with my gorgeous partner.”
Want more “The Bachelors”? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- Channel 10 Has Finally Given Us a First Look At The Bachelors!
- Finally! Channel 10 Has Revealed When The Bachelors Will Premiere
- The Bachelor’s Holly Kingston Reveals Details About Upcoming Wedding to Jimmy Nicholson
- You Can Now Live Out Your Bachelor Fantasy By Renting Out the OG Mansion For $6,500 a Week
- Abbie Chatfield Criticises The Bachelor’s Jimmy and Holly For Their Take on OnlyFans
- The Bachelor and Bachelorette Australia Couples: Who’s Still Together?
- The Bachelors 2023: Loyal Abby Is Looking for Love
- The Bachelors 2023: Abigail Is an Old-School Romantic Looking for Connection
- The Bachelors 2023: Adrenaline Junkie Alésia Is Searching for Someone Genuine
- The Bachelors 2023: Perfectionist Angela Is Ready to Find “The One”
- The Bachelors 2023: Unlucky In Love Aylin Is Ready to Find Real Love
- The Bachelors 2023: Bella Is Looking for Love In a “Radical” Way
- The Bachelors 2023: Caitlin Is Done With Going for the Wrong Guys
- The Bachelors 2023: CJ Has High Standards and Knows What She Wants
- The Bachelors 2023: Competitive Courtney Is Looking for a Love That Goes the Distance
- The Bachelors 2023: Supportive Eboni Is Looking for Her Lifelong Love
- The Bachelors 2023: Emma Is Looking for a Love That’s “Genuine and Real”
- The Bachelors 2023: Meet Jacinta, Who Knows What She’s Looking for
- The Bachelors 2023: Sporty Jasmine Is Ready to Open Herself Up to Love
- The Bachelors 2023: Jenae Knows Her Worth and Is Hoping to Find Her Equal
- The Bachelors 2023: Jess Is Ready to Meet Her Person
- The Bachelors 2023: Jessica Is Looking for a Love That’s Anything But Ordinary
- The Bachelors 2023: Meet Kiki, Who’s Looking For Her Own Jason Momoa
- The Bachelors 2023: Charismatic Krystal Is Ready to Charm
- The Bachelors 2023: Lauren Is Looking for “Masculine Energy Without Ego”
- The Bachelors 2023: Leah Is Ready to Take a Risk and Go All In on Love
- The Bachelors 2023: Lou Is a Hopeless Romantic Looking for a Love Match
- The Bachelors 2023: Meet Marjorie, Who’s Searching for Compassion and Good Banter
- The Bachelors 2023: Marnie Is a Self-Proclaimed “Bogan Barbie” Looking for Her Ken
- The Bachelors 2023: Mikki Is on the Hunt for Her “Penguin”
- The Bachelors 2023: Naomi Is an Ambitious Woman Looking for Her Mr. Big
- The Bachelors 2023: Tash Is an Optimist Who’s Ready to Make Things Happen
- The Bachelors 2023: Adventurous Tilly Is Looking for a Thrilling Romance
- The Bachelors 2023: Yuri Is Looking for her Perfect Match
- The Bachelors 2023: Meet Zara, Who’s Looking for a Deep, Magical Connection
- The Bachelors 2023: Quick-Fire Questions With Felix Von Hofe, Jed McIntosh, and Thomas Malucelli
- The Bachelors 2023: Get to Know Rockstar Jed McIntosh
- The Bachelors 2023: Get to Know Former Pro Basketballer Felix Von Hofe
- The Bachelors 2023: Get to Know Hopeless Romantic Thomas Malucelli