The Challenge Australia: ‘Cyclone’ Cyrell Is Officially Back
Originally a spin-off from historic, game-changing reality shows The Real World and Road Rules, The Challenge has grown into one of the most popular and long-running competition shows of all time. Thanks to its ever-changing format and variety of players with influential followings, the show has earned a rabid fan base that follows the game’s inevitable twists and turns.
And now, in 2022, we have The Challenge Australia, hosted by the charismatic sports commentator Brihony Dawson.
The Challenge Australia will see 22 of Australia’s biggest names across the entertainment, sports and reality worlds descend on Buenos Aires, Argentina, and into the most unpredictable and demanding game of their lives.
Challengers will be randomly paired to clash head-to-head in extreme physical contests, test strategies, and survive eliminations and cut-throat alliances to win challenges and eliminate their opponents. And if that wasn’t enough, they’ll also have steamy hook-ups, messy exes and fractured friendships to navigate. We’re living for the inevitable drama!
With a whopping $200,000 cash prize and a ticket entry into the first ever The Challenge: Global Championship, only one female and one male competitor will have the perfect combination of physical, mental, and social skills to reign supreme.
One of the challengers on The Challenge Australia 2022, MAFS Australia alumni, Cyrell Paule.
Married At First Sight fans will know her as the wild “Cyclone Cyrell” Paule, but now, being settled down with a baby, she’s a new woman.
“My greatest achievement is life is becoming a mother,” the fiery Sydneysider says, in a press statement.
Joining The Challenge Australia in 2022, she’s keen to surprise herself — and others.
She might be more settled and embarking on a new chapter in her life, but there are still elements of the old Cyrell that we can expect to see unfold on screen.
“I’ve only watched bits and pieces (of the show.) Partly because I didn’t want to know too much about what toexpect! But from what I did see, I loved the drama…” she says, admitting that she can’t stay away from some juicy drama.
And, she knows that if and when drama arises, she’s not going to be quiet about how she feels.
“My biggest strength is also my biggest weakness… and that is my mouth! I don’t hold back and I say things as I see them.”
Oh we know babe, we know.
The Challenge Australia airs at 7.30pm on Network Ten on Mondays and Tuesdays. Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Challenge Australia goss? Check out the stories below:
- “He’s the Liar”: The Challenge’s Audrey on the Cheating Scandal, Her Boyfriend and Ciarran Stott
- Everyone Who Has Gotten the Boot So Far from The Challenge Australia
- Get to Know The Challenge Host Brihony Dawson — Australia’s First Non-Binary TV Presenter
- Konrad Bień-Stephen Opens Up About Facing Brooke Blurton on The Challenge
- “I Didn’t Know ANYONE!”: Big Brother Winner Marley on Meeting His Fellow Challenge Contestants
- “They’re Pretty Conniving, That Bachelor Lot”: Australian Survivor’s Johnny Spills on The Challenge
- Australian Survivor’s Brooke Jowett Was “Not Prepared At All” for the Drama of The Challenge
- These are the Famous Faces That Will Compete on Channel 10’s Newest Show, The Challenge
- “Em Is a Beautiful Girl”: The Challenge’s Ryan Gallagher Addresses Emily Seebohm Dating Rumours