“Em Is a Beautiful Girl”: The Challenge’s Ryan Gallagher Addresses Emily Seebohm Dating Rumours
Married At First Sight alum Ryan Gallagher has spent the morning putting rumours of a romance between him and Olympic swimmer Emily Seebohm to rest.
The two are currently competing alongside each other on Network Ten’s latest reality TV competition, The Challenge.
Since the show premiered, there has been increasing speculation about the pair’s relationship status, with Gallagher now addressing the chatter during a radio interview.
Appearing on 2Day FM, the reality star was asked about the nature of his relationship with Seebohm, to which he responded by saying: “Em is a beautiful, beautiful girl, and if there was a relationship there, I’d be very lucky.”
The conversation took an awkward turn, however, after hosts David “Hughesy” Hughes, Ed Kavalee and Erin Molan pushed him to reveal more.
“Is it just early days? Is that why you’re reluctant to commit?” asked Molan, before her co-hosts interrupted, saying the swimmer’s friends had revealed the pair were dating during a podcast.
“Are you a lucky man, Ryan?” Molan pressed, to which Gallagher awkwardly replied: “No, unfortunately not. Look, I would be if I was. And if she ever did want to, I would be extremely happy.”
It didn’t stop there, with Hughesy taking one step further and asking him to swear on his family’s life that he wasn’t “intimately involved with Emily”.
“I can’t do that to you guys,” he responded, leading the radio hosts to assume the pair are in a romantic relationship.
Gallagher became a household name after appearing on Married At First Sight, where he was matched with Davina Rankin. He then competed on the Australian version of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! And briefly dated Geordie Shore star, Charlotte Crosby.
The Challenge Australia airs at 7.30pm on Network Ten on Mondays and Tuesdays. Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Challenge Australia goss? Check out the stories below:
- “He’s the Liar”: The Challenge’s Audrey on the Cheating Scandal, Her Boyfriend and Ciarran Stott
- Everyone Who Has Gotten the Boot So Far from The Challenge Australia
- Get to Know The Challenge Host Brihony Dawson — Australia’s First Non-Binary TV Presenter
- Konrad Bień-Stephen Opens Up About Facing Brooke Blurton on The Challenge
- “I Didn’t Know ANYONE!”: Big Brother Winner Marley on Meeting His Fellow Challenge Contestants
- “They’re Pretty Conniving, That Bachelor Lot”: Australian Survivor’s Johnny Spills on The Challenge
- Australian Survivor’s Brooke Jowett Was “Not Prepared At All” for the Drama of The Challenge
- These are the Famous Faces That Will Compete on Channel 10’s Newest Show, The Challenge