New Reality Show “The Summit” Takes Contestants to New Heights — Literally!
Are you ready for a new reality TV show that’ll leave you on the edge of your seat? Well, get ready for “The Summit,” coming to Nine on May 14.
14 strangers are given the chance to win a whopping one million dollars in cash, making this show not for the faint of heart. But there’s a catch — they have to climb one of New Zealand’s highest peaks in just 14 days, and they must stick together. The slowest hiker sets the pace, and if anyone falls behind, they risk losing their backpack of cash. And if the group doesn’t make it to the summit in time, they’ll forfeit the entire prize.
The show’s host is none other than Aussie movie star Jai Courtney, who’ll be keeping a close eye on the hikers’ progress and providing valuable updates on how they’re tracking. And the challenges they face are no joke. We’re talking massive gorges, raging waterfalls, and more. As the group climbs higher, the obstacles become even more daunting, pushing them to their limits both physically and mentally.
But it’s not just about making it to the summit. Along the way, the group must stop at various checkpoints, which are basically battlegrounds for strategy and greed. Here, the group can call a vote to cut someone loose, with their money added to the prize pot for the remaining trekkers. It’s a high-stakes game of survival, and alliances will be made and broken as the group navigates their way to the top.
And just when you thought things couldn’t get any crazier, the mountain’s Keeper will be watching over them all. They will be testing their courage and character and ultimately deciding who will stand on the Summit. In one final twist, the Summit throws up an epic end game that no one sees coming. We can hardly wait to see what happens next!
“The Summit” premieres May 14 on Channel 9 and 9Now.
Tell Us About What You Love to Read for Your Chance to Win a $1000 Visa Gift Card
Want some entertainment stories? Click through the articles below:
- What the Cast of “Gossip Girl” Have Been Up to Since the Show Ended
- 15 Essential “Grey’s Anatomy” Episodes For Meredith-and-Derek Fans
- 30 Women-Led Movies Streaming on Netflix Now
- All of Millie Bobby Brown’s TV and Movie Roles Over the Past Decade
- The ’90s It Girls You Wanted (and Still Kind of Want) to Be
- 11 Epic and Unforgettable Love Triangles in TV History
- Inside Flavor Flav and Taylor Swift’s Unexpected Yet Delightful Friendship
- Elvis Presley’s Dating History Includes So Many Famous Women