Everything We Know So Far About The Masked Singer's Monster
Although there have been many standout singers on the first season of The Masked Singer Australia, one contestant who has certainly cemented themselves as a fan favourite is the person currently known as 'Monster'. After impressing audiences with their powerhouse vocals and cheeky on-stage persona, Monster has also dropped a few cryptic clues as to their true identity.
Here's everything we currently know about Monster:
- They say they're "split between two worlds" and that they're a "little bit country and little bit glam"
- They have always loved horses
- They deal with some "heavy material" in their work, but they say they're "more than just the voice behind the panel"
- Shape-shifting is "in their biology" but they insist they don't need to be "mad scientist"
- Apparently the number 31 "rings a bell" as to how they got a start in their industry
Based on these clues, as well as the sound of Monster's voice, it seems the most popular theory as to Lion's real identity is that they are Gorgi Coghlan.
While Gorgi often works in the city due to her regular appearances on TV shows like The Project, she currently lives in the rural town of Ballarat, Victoria. Thus, it can be argued that she is "split between two worlds" and a mix of country and glam, just like Monster. Another possible nod to her country roots is the reference to loving horses, as Gorgi herself frequently posts images of her pet horses on her Instagram account.
The reference to dealing with heavy material and being a voice behind a panel also seems like a direct nod to her presenting work. Speaking of Gorgi's career, she first begun news reading on the community TV station known as Channel 31. As if all of the above wasn't enough proof, Gorgi also used to be a science teacher, which certainly appears to Monster's references to biology and being a mad scientist.
As much as there are no guarantees as to Monster's identity until they an unmasked, there certainly appears to be a strong case for them being Gorgi Coghlan's alter ego.
Check out some snippets of Monster in action below.