If You Like Fruit Wine as Much as We Do, You'll Appreciate These Moira Rose Halloween Costumes
So, you're still sobbing into your Café Tropical smoothie about Schitt's Creek being over, and you want to pay your respects to the iconic Rose family matriarch this Halloween? Same here, so we scoured the internet to track down the best Moira Rose costumes created by fellow bebes who prefer RSVPing to events as "pending" and have no clue how to "fold in the cheese." Though the former soap-opera star has quite the extravagant wardrobe on the Pop TV sitcom, dressing like her on the spookiest night of the year doesn't have to break the bank. Here are a few tips for emulating the iconic Moira Rose:
- Moira's wardrobe is mostly black and white, so pretty much any outfit that combines those two colours will get the job done. Houndstooth, polka-dotted, and striped patterns are welcome, and black tights are also a good idea.
- Don't feel like wearing heels and tights? Go the comfy route and rock some Moira-esque pajamas by wearing a silky button-down shirt under a vest and attaching a shiny brooch.
- Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise! We're talkin' statement necklaces, feathered headbands, fingerless gloves, furry hats, embellished purses, and cuff bracelets. The more, the merrier.
- Don't forget the wig! For inspiration in narrowing down your search, you can relive Moira's best wig moments on the show.
- Some prop options to consider: an Herb Ertlinger wine bottle, a Jazzagals binder, a fake crow, and a giant Café Tropical menu.
- Still in need of outfit inspo? Actor Michael Judson Berry, who frequently impersonates Moira on social media, has put together a wealth of outfits worth copying. Check 'em out on his TikTok or Instagram.
Keep reading to admire some of the best Moira Rose-inspired Halloween looks we've seen on the 'gram. Oh, and one last pro tip: randomly singing "Danny Boy" or cawing like a crow will really sell your costume.