2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: Monique Lhuillier
Monique Lhuillier's runway proceeds like a fantastic call to femininity. Bow-tied belts cinch dresses perfectly at the waist, echoing that kind of old Hollywood glam in the retro-styled hair and sultry cat-eyes. Then, a feather-trimmed skirt tops a pair of skinny black trousers and a slim blazer; shoulder embellishments on a sparkly black sheath, and lace-up heels — details that work to counter the call to vintage with the more modern femme, while a palette of black lace, red, and leopard-print further that call to classic femininity in the most glamourous way.
- Trends: Sheer and lace detailing, leopard-print, textured gowns, sweetheart necklines, bows.
- Colours: Black, red, leopard.
- Key Looks: A bow-tied blazer and feathered skirt layered over pants; a textured rosette and sequined cocktail dress in red.
- Accessories: Ballet-inspired, lace-up heels, bow-tied ribbon belts, and dotted, sheer black tights.
- Who Would Wear It: Carey Mulligan; the modern femme with an affinity for vintage glamour.