Versace Spring 2013
Donatella Versace is known for her sexy, body-con style, and her Spring '13 showing was just that, but perhaps with a more subtle touch than what we're used to seeing from the designer. The show opened with easy lace-appliqued mini-dresses paired with low-slung studded belts. The same technique was seen on a range of crop tops and hot shorts worn with sleek blazers and leather jackets. The most wearable, everyday pieces came from an assortment of skinny striped, dip-dyed, and lace-adorned pants paired with billowy crushed silk tops, emoting a decidedly '70s bohemian vibe. Catering to the red carpet, a brigade of colour — orange, teal, pink — entered the runway, highlighting seductive high-slit gowns (Jennifer Lopez, anyone?) and short embellished mini-dresses made for leg-baring starlets like Lea Michele and Selena Gomez.
- Trends: '70s, billowy sleeves, leather, lace.
- Colors: Black gold, orange, teal, blue, pink.
- Key Piece: We loved the lace-embellished pants.
- Accessories: Sandal boots, strappy metallic sandals, statement sunglasses, studded belts, exotic crossbody bags, leather clutches.
- Who Should Wear It: We can picture the sexy high-slit gowns on red-carpet stunners like Jennifer Lopez and Lea Michele, along with front-row attendees Milla Jovovich and Jessica Stam.