We've been on a shopping tour of the nation, scouring the most stylish spots for our Little Black Book of Secrets city guides. We've crossed Sydney, Melbourne and most recently Perth off our to-do lists, so now we're heading back east to shine the light on Adelaide. We coerced our crew of in-the-know Adelaidian stylistas to spill on where they go to shop up a storm. Straight from the locals' mouths, this is retail — Radelaide style.
- Check out the unique and eclectic range of labels from Miss Gladys Sym Choon's long standing fashion emporium; this boutique is an iconic spot on the local shopping map. Miss Gladys Sym Choon, 235A Rundle St, Adelaide (08) 82231500.
- While you're on Rundle Street, stop by Bimbo. The ridiculously cool range of giftable goodies will put a smile on your dial. If retro's your thing, this is your Mecca. Keep strolling and enter Aussie designer heaven. Sass & Bide, Lisa Ho, Alannah Hill, Zimmermann, and most recently Gorman share this shopping strip. Bimbo, 279 Rundle St, Adelaide (08) 8223 4481.
- Muse Boutique is your go-to for fashion with a capital F. Stylish sister Kristie and Amy Manuel are in charge of curating their store's serious collection of labels, which include Lanvin, Alexander McQueen, YSL and Balenciaga. Annual buying trips to international fashion weeks ensure stock is up to date and bang on trend. Muse Boutique, 72A King William Rd, Goodwood (08) 8357 3338.
- Stay on King William Rd and pop into Presence. We dare you to walk out without falling in love with this store's adorable range of gifts and stylish accessories. Fans of Frankie mag beware — this boutique was built to empty your bank account! Presence,1/175 King William Rd, Hyde Park (08) 8271 9566.
- Head to Norwood for cool boutiques that you won't find anywhere else. Try neighbouring shops Wasabi, and Sooki for a well edited range. Wasabi, 248 The Parade (08) 8332 0704. Sooki, 240 The Parade, Norwood (08) 8332 8227.
- If you're already a fan of their e-tail outlet you should swint by The New Guard's homeground. Stocking lust-labels Acne, Isabel Marant, Alexander Wang, Dion Lee, Arnsdorf and Ellery, this is a must-visit for those who like their clothes with a side serving of cool. The New Guard, 138 Unley Rd, Unley (08) 83579887.
For more hot shopping spots in the SA capital...