Elie Saab Just Gave the Naked Dress a Much-Needed Makeover
If you were growing a bit tired of seeing the ole "naked dress" dominate red carpets and big events, get ready to see sheer in a whole new light. Elie Saab's Fall '16 collection included its fair share of mesh inserts and revealing pieces, but rather than go the provocative route, the fashion house found the key to tastefully showing off a good amount of skin.
The truth is it's all about the details, and with the strategic placement of ruffles, fringe, and leather, the naked look got a much-needed makeover. But that's not all that caught our eye on the Elie Saab runway: there were many neck accessories (aka neckcessorising), models rocked a variety of different cape styles (a trend we're still excited to see!), and singer MO preformed live in the background wearing pieces from the collection.
Get ready to see a handful of these looks on your favourite stars, but first, check out what you need to know about the show.
- Trends: Sheer styles and mesh inserts, fringe, capes, ruffles, neck accessories, and plunging necklines.
- Colours: Black, wine, baby blue, and purple.
- Shoes: Platform heels, lace-up flats, fringe-embellished booties, and over-the-knee boots.
- Other Accessories: Cuff bracelets, chokers, belts, skinny scarves, pendant necklaces, and tasselled earrings and necklaces.
- Bags: Fringed and tassel-embellished crossbody bags, bucket bags, and clutches.
- Details You Might Have Missed: The assortment of capes, from dresses to jackets.
- Soundtrack: Singer MO, most famous for her song, "Lean On," performed live on stage.
- Must-See Moment: Kendall Jenner closing the show in a belted brocade leather dress.